Ratings for Dr. Negin Ghiabi

I have a 13 years old daughter with needle phobia. She was reffered to Dr. Negin for fixing her cavities. She received her treatment with sedation. Dr. Negin and her staff made a very good experience for her that she even didn´t know she received any needle. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Knowledgeable, kind, friendly staff, clean office. Highly recommend her

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

I was looking for a dentist for my 2 years old son . I saw Dr. Negin website. Everything was exactly the way was described in her website. She was friendly and take her time to check my daughter teeth and give us several good information. highly recmmend her.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I am surprised to see the negative comments about the office and Dr. Ghiabi on this site. We have had nothing but positive experiences there. As the parent of a very young child who required extensive dental work, I was thankful to find a knowledgeable dentist who felt she could restore his teeth without full body sedation and mercury fillings. These were things that were important to me and made me feel I was choosing the best provider possible for my child. I found that the dentist and hygienist had great skill in caring for young children and making them feel at ease, along will a well explained treatment plan and excellent results. Yes, you do pay more than standard dentist fees, because she is a specialist, but for the excellent care my child (and now children who see her) receive, I feel that it is more than worth it.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

De Ghiabi has no problem putting white fillings in baby teeth because they make her more money. But how many of these white fillings fail like my daughters did? I'm sure a huge percentage do. Perhaps going back to dental school would train her that white fillings in baby teeth don't last. But anything to make a buck right? What a piece of work this office is. Nothing like having to pay to have my daughter put to sleep to fix the work Ghiabi did. The fee was worth it though, at least this time it's done right

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Negin Ghiabi

Dr. Negin Ghiabi's response
Thank you for your comments and the opportunity to respond to your concerns. Please see below and feel free to call our office with any additional concerns or questions. 1) By choosing to do a white filling on a tooth, we are able to do less tooth surface prep which allows us to preserve more of the natural tooth, which is our goal in any dental office. 2) Our office restores dental health to our patients while being environmentally aware by using digital xrays and being a mercury free facility. 3) In reference to the cost of dentistry, we are a Specialist office and use the Nova Scotia Specialist fee guide. We recommend treatment based solely on the patient's need and always present the full treatment plan to the parent, including materials we will use, number of appointments needed if there is more than one, and cost of sedation fee as that is not covered under MSI. 4) Recurring decay due to poor Oral Hygiene, poor diets including sweets or acidic beverages, non-functional habits such as grinding, biting nails, or toys can cause fractures of fillings. 5) Our office policy is that if a restoration (filling) fractures within in a year of the treatment and is not due to recurring decay, we retreat the tooth without charge. Pinnacle Dental Specialists.

Submitted March 30, 2017

This place is awesome!!! My son was sent to see Dr. Ghiabi because my regular dentist wasn't comfortable completing the work he needed. Dr. Ghiabi and her staff were great. From the first contact( same day my dentist sent request) the girls at Pinnacle made me feel welcome and answered my long list of questions. The office is beautiful and CLEAN!! Very child friendly and the front desk duo are FABULOUS with parents and kids; they are knowledgeable, and professional yet funny and approachable; they make you feel welcome and ease your worries immediately!!!! Dr. Ghiabi and her dental assistant explained what was going to happen and gave me a treatment plan , My son was sedated for treatment and everything went well. I was even able to peek into the treatment room to see how things were going. My son did get a bit upset after work was done.. he hated the numb feeling but made a quick recovery with hugs:) If your child gets sent here you should feel LUCKY!! This is a top notch operation!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Absolute WORST dentist to be dealing with children. After yelling at my 5 year old daughter for wanting her me (her mom). My daughter has had terrifying experiences with dental so she was scared. Instead of comforting her she made it MUCH worse by yelling at her. She then refused to treat her because she was upset. She should NOT be trusted with children .

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. Negin Ghiabi

Dr. Negin Ghiabi's response
Most of our patients are referred to us due to their young age, a behaviour making their dental care challenging, a medical issue, or due to the amount of dental treatment required. In these cases we do offer sedation sedation to minimize anxiety or control behaviour during treatment for their safety. During this conscious sedation, the patient is not asleep and is able to respond to verbal or tactile stimulation. The type of sedation we use is Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen(laughing gas) or Oral Midazolam. Our staff members are well trained and educated. They each have several years experience in the field. They are happy to answer any questions or concerns in a professional manner either in person or by phone. Most staff members have young children of their own and therefore understand and empathise with a parent/guardians concerns regarding their child's dental health.

Submitted April 19, 2018

My girls are regular patients of Dr. Ghiabi. I have had only great experiences over the past 4 years. My girls have each had dental work completed without issue. They LOVE her!! I stumbled upon this site and I'm surprised at the negativity towards her. I would recommend Dr. Ghiabi without hesitation. She and her staff are awesome. My girls look forward to visits there.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Has always been excellent with both of my children. We had seen a previous dentist that made quite a mess for my daughter and her teeth. Dr. Ghiabi has been beyond great with everything. Her staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I am actually shocked to see the negative comments about Dr. Ghiabi! We went to see her today as she was referred to us from the IWK. Our daughter is on the Autism spectrum so I knew that it would be a challenge to find a dentist with patience for her. The entire process was so seamless. My daughter had a major meltdown and they were to phased by it at all! The Dr was extended personable and understanding of my child's diagnoses. and some reviews said that the Dr was saying children needed work done when they didn't but the Dr told me my child had no cavities and her teeth are perfectly healthy :) The front staff girls were AMAZING!! I would recommended this place to anyone with small children!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Negin Ghiabi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Negin Ghiabi has been a Pediatric Specialist since 1998. She has a young child herself and enjoys working with young patients.

• Persian

• Tufts University (Grad. 1998)

Request an Appointment