Ratings for Dr. Joseph Chong

I was waiting for a long time in the ER but that's how the ER works. I was feeling really frustrated and emotional/stressed out wairing but as soon as this Dr Chong walked him and asked me what's wrong in a gentle and compassionate voice and patiently listened to my problem without interruptions and thoroughly examine me and answers my questions with compassion and it really just shocked me as he actually take the time to talk to me instead of talk at me especially where ER is a stressful place. On my end I had a very good experience with Dr Chong and he has a kind heart to walk alongside people to help them.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Was caring and compassionate in the chaos around him. ER doctors and nurses are unappreciated . The ER is a scary place. Doctors and nurses like him give us hope.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

It is unfortunate that I have to be the first person to give Dr. Chong a poor review. I was at Peace arch Hospital in the very early hours on the 3rd of January. I was experiencing some very bad, sharp, constant pain just above my belly button. I had lasted from the previous night until nothing I did (sitting, standing, laying down) could ease the pain. I headed to the hospital and after waiting 4 hours to be seen encountered Dr. Chong. He sat down across from me and after listening to my symptoms told me that it was probably heart burn or that I possibly had a stomach ulcer. At this point in time the only tests they had done was a blood and urine test. Dr. Chong at no point in time examined me. He didn't feel my stomach or even touch me in away. Our whole encounter was him sitting across from me. He sent me on my way with a smal amount of morphine pills, a few nausea meds and a prescription for a "stronger antacid" and told me that I "would likely ffel the pain for 4-5 day" and not to worry about it. I went home. The morphine tablet did nothing, I called the nurse hotline and they told me to try one more pain tablet and if that didn't work I should go back to a hospital because its very rare that morphine won't work. 3 hours later I was back at a different hospital where they NOT ONLY examined me PROPERLY but did 2 ultrasounds and a ct scan. Turns out it was my appendix. I had surgery before the night was out. Fast forward to my 2 week check up and my surgeon tells me that had I taken Dr. Chongs advice I would either A. not be there or B. ended up in the hospital very very sick for a very long time. I went to the hospital trusting that they would help and give me answers. Instead I waited 4 hours for a dr to tell me I had heart burn.... Very dissapointed and I want people to know the danger. This Dr. did not perform even the most basic of exams and sent me home.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Really nice doctor! He's just amazing. He actually explains to the person what's happening to them. He's really easy to talk to. I wish I could make him my family practitioner.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr. Chong is absolutely amazing. I would pick him as a GP in a heartbeat if he only had a private practise.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

He saved me more than he realizes and he's extremely friendly. He wants to truly help you

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Efficient, confident,a good communicator(speaker and listener

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Pleasant and helpful. speaks to you like a friend, and talks in laymens terms

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Easy to talk to, remembers you, doesn't overprescribe, follows up quickly on lab work. Have been a patient for five years.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

Dr. Chong is a very patient and dedicated doctor who goes above and beyond expectations.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010