Ratings for Dr. Neesha Dhani

In absolute consensus with all the negative comments being made, From the patient side it would seem all about the amount of patients she has to see in a day which makes one think... it’s it about the $$$$$ as I cannot fathom how a Dr. would have waiting time of 4-5 hrs for any cancer patient. You would think that living with this disease is bad enough and having to sit by and wait and wait and dwindle away..... you would then expect to have a decent and productive review and appt but noooo. It’s q quick 5 minutes and she’s outta there.... The best is when you wait your 4 to 5 hours and she doesn’t even come in to see you.... it’s her nurse..::... and her response is always “have you logged onto the UHN website..... did you read what’s it said..... of course you need a medical degree to read through all the medical notes and try to make sense of them....:. great job Sheri.... glad to see my hard earn tax dollars going to your awesome work ethic and bed side manner....:: guess your one of the lucky ones that has a union behind her.....: people of your caliber get fired for that kind of performance...... The over arching aspect here is who is overseeing these people and how can they simply get away with this type of performance.....::: Makes one really wonder how these “professionals” get away with what they do and treat their patients in ths manner. I employ anyone who has this Doctor to stay far away....... far far away.... there is no sense in wasting precious time in a waiting room that can be spent with a loved one. Shame on you Dr.Dhani, shame on you

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr dhani looked after my mom for 5 years. For 4 of those 5 years my mom was the golden student in her study for pancreatic cancer. (2013-2016). Doctors from Australia Had to come see my mom because her results were so amazing. The only surviving person from a study of 50 people globally. Dr dhani never came in with my moms chart, it was just a conversation. Once my mom had a growth in November 2016 and she had to leave the study, she was nothing to dr dhani. Mom had radiation with dr Dawson in May and it went well. Dhani still didn’t do much during their bi-weekly meetings. Then in October I brought mom to PM urgent care because she was so dehydrated. Dhani saw her, yelled at my mom and I because how could we let her get this bad, when mom had nurses coming in daily to see her. Dhani always told mom she was nowhere close to dying. Then a few weeks later said I’ve been so worried about you for a long time. Dhani admitted her to PM and the 11 days she was there, dhani NEVER visited her. Are you kidding me?? Not once did she come see how my mom was. Mom died on December 28, 2017 and had an appointment with dhani on January 3. My dad called and left a message that mom had passed away and we never heard a word from dhani. Nothing. She is a coward and will only see you when you are of value to her. I would never have anything to do with her again.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

I am living with Gi cancer and have been under the care of Dr Dhani since Sept 2017, including around 24 GI clinic visits. I was a hospital nurse until recent retirement and I understand the time and overload challenges of our Health Care system. Like many of you, my family/I visited this website prior to initial consultation, this indicating mostly negative sentiment/experiences, but nevertheless we started with an open mind. In view of our excellent care from Dr Dhani over the past 18 months, I feel compelled to place this much more positive review of her manner, abilities, professionalism and knowledge on record. As is obvious, Dr Dhani has a very busy practice, and all PMH Clinic wait times are long, including hers, but I am very happy with the care Dr Dhani provides. She is caring, knowledgeable and an excellent Medical Oncologist. She is very approachable and medically competent and straightforward in answering medical questions about prognoses and expected cancer 'journey', and outcome, following diagnosis. She is caring within the time limits imposed by a system outside her control, but will always explain and answer questions. Never show up early for ANY PMH appointment, particularly clinics, expect to wait 1-2 hours (normal), and Dr Dhani's is no exception Judy - Toronto Feb 2018

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Unsympathetic, rude, not encouraging, overall terrible experience. This doctor has no regard for her patients, does not try to help and acts extremely arrogant when you try to ask any questions. Just a terrible experience during such a hard time when my family was looking for even a little support from a professional. I hope no one else needs to experience this, but I fear this will not change.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Very abusive...arrogant. ..doesn't use a patient chart...doesn't want to talk about the pain the patient is in by sitting in the waiting room for 3 plus hours....EVERY TIME! She told us that seeing her and waiting for 3 hours in the room was PART OF THE TREATMENT! Disgusting attitude and her staff is also sarcastic and rude...no compassion for patient or family...maybe if she wore running shoes she could get to patients faster...with this woman her patients are only bar codes for her next pay cheque...frustrated with our complaints she suggested the patient not bother with chemo anymore....evil and doesn't have a heart...

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

A doctor you can count on and really help you deal and manage your health issurs. Very professional and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Like many other reviews below...Dr. Dhani was very rude to our family. She had absolutely no compassion for our family member. At one particular appointment, we showed up extra early and were held up four hours past our appointment. While our family member waited in pain and suffering just to have her come in the room, talk rude and short with everyone, then leave. She definitely doesn't like it when you ask any additional questions, which I may add you have every right to do so.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Not the best with time. But she made our family feel a little less stressed when we heard about our family member's diagnosis. She sat with us for a very long time and discussed everything thoroughly. She wasn't dramatic, she was professional and she answered all of our questions. Heard she was the best in her field beforehand as well!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

This woman should not be allowed to practice regular medicine let alone be an oncologist and take care of the most ill and dying cancer patients who need the most empathy ,care and compassion She has an attitude of a walkin doctor who make you wait 4-5 hrs any given day and walks in to chat with u barely for 5 min and flys off the door and you have to stop her on the door or in hall way to ask the most important questions when life of your loved one is at Stake. You not only dred damn cancer but also dred the fact you are given such an incapable and coldhearted Doctor to make the situation worse , she makes you feel horrible for asking questions and justifications of her decisions even when these decisions are life and death situations for u or your family Awful aweful bedside manners I will never forgive her for making my mother suffer even more with hours and hours of wait time ,then acting like she is doing her a great favour for a very brief rushed checkup, not giving her the opportunity to ask questions , telling her very cold heartedly she only have this much time left every visit ,and if a family member dares to ask question she is just awefully disrespectful and arrogant Our mother is gone now to a better place but this doctor is never forgiven for her attitude and how she added to the pain and misery of our ailing mother and entire family

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

Her inactivity and lack of initiative and blasse attitude, as well as her incapability of any creative or in depth thinking offering any solution other than the standard poisoning chemo treatment resulted in the pre- mature death of my brother in law. Assuring him that all was well she continued this deception while failing miserably in her treatment.When he suddenly to a turn for the worst and was unable to confront or challenge her Dr. Neesha Dhani solution was to panic, not even find a solution for my brother in law Mario Belanger to peacefully spend his final days in comfort .Because of her lack of compassion and caring it was utter agony for him till the end. Shame on you Dr.Dhani .She even had the audacity and lack of proffesionalism to announce in front of family members near mourning that she was devastaded by the outcome. How dare she, it was not about her,he was dying in the bed not her.How self centered and arrogant. Shameon you.

Submitted March 1, 2016