Ratings for Dr. Jane Shatz

Dr Shatz is a wonderful doctor. She has helped me go through the dark side into the liget.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Dr Shatz has been my psychologist for 15 years. She has been one of the most significant figures in my adult life through her contribution to my wellbeing. She shows a level dedication that I have never experienced with any other doctor or professional. Her caring is obvious and her skills are as well. I was rather skeptical and closed off to the idea when I first started 15 years ago, but as time progressed, I came to see the benefit of individual therapy. I got really lucky that my first therapist was Dr Shatz or I might not have continued. I moved from LA a couple of times and I tried therapists elsewhere only to discover that Dr Shatz is a rarity. Upon returning each time, I have been exceedingly grateful to be able to see her. Dr Shatz has always made me feel like a priority. She has consistently gone to great lengths through the years to ensure my care. She has been flexible in where we meet whether it's via Skype or the office. She has made appointments easy to book. She has been reliable, dedicated, gentle and kind the entire time I've known her. She always seems her best self which is pretty impressive considering the span of time. Her genuinely caring nature builds easy rapport. And she is smart and insightful. Through my sessions with Dr Shatz, MY best possible self has flourished. There will always be struggles and mental traps, but I am confident that I will meet them with grace and fortitude now. There really aren't enough words for me to do justice to the ways in which Dr Shatz has helped me grow and evolve into a better person. I will forever be indebted to her.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Really exceptional therapist and educator for parents. I have gone to Dr. Shatz for true assistance with parenting my children who were victims of parent alienation, and one has a developmental delay. She is very experienced, astute, and gives a lot of guidance toward anticipating problems so I can be proactive. I did not use her for my custody battle. That was long over and I had a different evaluator. I do not believe these sites should allow reviews from people who had Dr. Shatz as an evaluator because one parent inevitably wins, and the other loses. The all good vs all bad reviews reflect that. I hope she gets out of evaluator role and into family healing and reunification role after the bitter divorce. That is where her expertise shines. Everyone wins there.

Submitted September 4, 2015

This psychologist started making recommendations about time sharing in the first 10 minutes if the first meeting before having any understanding or time to ascertain the situation, parties, child's needs presumably to get "buy in" from the more angry unreasonable party. She also encouraged the more flexible and reasonable party to capitulate to demands that were not reasonable for the child to question presumably to simply keep the peace and keep the acting out party interested in mediation. Later there was some attempt to address the excessively hostile and even abusive behavior but way on the back end after the child had born the brunt of the incompetence.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014