Ratings for Dr. Harold Lau

I was not impressed with Dr. Lau's conduct. He doesn't seem to care too much about his patients, or at least in my mum's case. He seemed angry when we said we weren't interested in a clinical trial. His nurse was excellent, I have no complaints about the staff that work with him. However, I feel that for a person working in cancer treatment he is not very compassionate. My mum didn't trust him, and was afraid to go see him without me in attendance. Ask to be transferred to another doctor if you have throat cancer, if you have the chance. Give this guy a pass.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Seams to only want to have his own agenda regardless of what the patient wants

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

My father was diagnosed with a stage 1 lung cancer and he died after 6-7 months under this doctor's care. There was little effort to help my father move through the difficult system, which was a lot of delays here and there. Poor follow up. Never call or come to see my father during the last days when he died in the hospital. I just have difficulty to rate him highly for anyone. I guess my father was just another customer. It is a shame if you ask me.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014