Ratings for Dr. Chantal Morel

Dr. Morel has diagnosed me with a rare disease that has eluded other physicians since childhood. She is compassionate, and takes the time needed to explain the diagnosis as well as come up with followup plan. Her counsellor Oana is also wonderful. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Excellent! Very personable and knowledgeable. She definitely knows her stuff!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Truly amazing Dr!!! Her knowledge of rare disease is exceptional. She has unlocked my family's extremely rare disease and offered follow up support like no other. Her counsellor Josh was beyond compassionate of my devastating diagnosis. I can still call after 4 years and leave a message and always get a return call. I am sorry if others have not got to experience this. Genetics is beyond difficult and hopefully you will find the answers you are looking for through another source.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Her and her assistant (both very young and not renowned experts on any disease), attempt to diagnose you and without trying very hard give up . If you have a rare disease, don't give up based on her opinion. See another geneticist.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Morel is an amazing doctor and helped diagnose me with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Hypermobile Type. For years I fought with doctors about trying to get a diagnosis and not one would even send me for different tests and I dealt with frequent subluxations and dislocations alongside many other symptoms and she is the only one who could pinpoint my issue, send me for various tests to ensure what it was and refer me to a clinic in which I can get continued support. She is kind, helpful and very understanding and explained everything and answered any questions i had. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Contrary to what posts below elude to, Dr. Morel is a CLINICAL geneticist, NOT a researcher. She is a great physician who spends time explaining genetic diagnosis, and none of the testing she does is research based.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

Dr. Morel has wonderful staff but she seemingly has no concern for her patients. She is more interested in obtaining stats for her research than she does about the wellbeing of her patients. She rarely returns phone calls from both patients or even field nurses. If I had an alternative, I would not chose her as my physician.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Dr. Morel has always bee nixce but she makes me feel like I am just a number. It feels like she is more focused on her research and getting results from us instead of bettering the lives of her patients. Overall I have no major issues and she knows what she is talking about. I would recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Same experience with the post below (Feb 4, 2016). Also, very textbook.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Worst experience with Dr. Receptionist. And counseller. Dishonest. Arrogant. Upset very easy. Disorganized. Will never see her and her hospital.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016