Ratings for Dr. Shah Chowdhury

We moved from University of Miami Pediatric Associates where we had Dr. Lourdes Forster, one of the best doctor I have ever known and an good nursing staff , take care of our two sons. After that having Dr. Chowdhury for the last 2 years was like a big shock. The front office at the clinic is extremely good and efficient but the moment you step inside the examination area everything changes. The nursing staff, especially the new lot, is poorly trained, very nervous and extremely eager and impatient to finish their work. Most visit I notice a number of mistakes that they make including improper techniques (at one visit the nurse was trying to take arm pit temperature for my 1 year old when its protocol to take rectal at that age), inaccurate measurements and incomplete history taking and worse still - inaccurate reporting.They show their worst traits when they do invasive procedures like drawing blood for testing or giving shots- it always end bad- something I did not experience at our previous place.I am sure they are not trying to be mean but it sure comes across as such mostly because of their poor patient skills.They also are very poor in responding to messages.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014