Ratings for Dr. Timothy Kostamo

Dr. Kostamo did a hip replacement for me a year ago. You won't find a better surgeon or kinder doctor than him. My surgery was on a Friday and he came in Saturday and Sunday both to check on me. I recovered very quickly with no complications and I credit his excellent skills for that. He has a long wait list but it is worth it to have him. He is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered in the medical field. His office staff are wonderful and equally kind too.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I have seen Dr. Kostamo re a knee he asked if I was OK being treated conservatively, i.e. rather than having the knee replacement other Drs. told me had to be done right away. I have since had the other knee replaced as it deteriorated so rapidly. He did not rush to do a surgery that others insited I needed and was exceptional when he did operate on the other knee, both before the surgery, in doing the surgery and postoperatively. He explained things clearly and ensured I understood. His staff are also exceptional. I recently met a lady in a market parking lot and we ended up learning we had both had joints replaced, hers was a hip. We were sharing with each other how very fortunate we were to have had such exceptional orhopedic surgeons. I asked who hers was and it was Dr. Kostamo ! We are so very fortunate to have such an A-1 physician in our community.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Kostamo re hip. Not only was he friendly, compassionate and punctual, but took the time to show me the hip replacement part, answered all my questions and calmed my fears. HIs MOA Sara is really helpful too, and prompt dealing with emails. I have never dealt with a specialist who has such an amazing bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Patient's update
PS to above comment - several months later, I took my 92 yr old mother, with Alzheimer's, to see Dr. Kostamo. Again, so empathetic and kind. Treated my mom with respect and friendliness and honesty. When we left the building my husband commented that he's never, ever witnessed such a nice doctor before!

Submitted July 8, 2015