Ratings for Dr. Mary Harsany

I have the utmost respect for Dr. Harsany. I have seen her off and on for quite sometime. She has never judged me or made me feel terrible about myself. I started seeing therapists around the age of 24 and searched until i finally found someone I felt I couild trust. She knows how difficult it has been for me to trust and she never pushed. I will and I do refer others to her. I truly could not start with another therapist at this point in my life because I just opened my heart to Dr. Harsany and I TRUST her completely in the process she handles my issues with me. All I can say is a huge THANK YOU...and I only wish I could give back what she gives me.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I began seeing Mary Harsany when I was a young woman. The discovery of the power of psychotherapy was truly amazing. I agree with the comment below that not all of Ms. Harsany's interpretations of dreams or situations were useful, however; in fact, she missed some pretty huge clues, like the fact that I'm more attracted to one gender than to another! But overall when I was younger she was extremely soothing, and speaking to her made me feel better and gave me the energy and perspective to deal with issues with confidence and hope. One thing I didn't feel satisfied with was that she sometimes took on a sort of motherly role and had very strong opinions about some of the people in my life. I could have done w/out the judgment, but then it turned out her assessment of those people didn't affect my liking them or being loyal to them, and it's turned out I was right about that. In recent years, as I've very occasionally turned to her again, she has seemed a little more unhappy and struggling with issues of her own that she may perhaps project onto her patients. Physician heal thyself is a prescription that should be heeded quite seriously by therapists... Overall, however, Mary Harsany is one of the good ones. But you should maintain control of your life and narrative and decide for yourself what is right or wrong for you.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Mary Harsany often works from a Jungian perspective which, if you're at all creative, can be very rewarding, as you get to look at patterns, dreams, and their meaning. Dr. Harsany is compassionate and infinitely patient. My only reservation is that I found at times that her own interpretations of my behaviour, or of that of others I was describing didn't quite, or always, resonate. But she was open-minded and a very good listener, which can't be easy when you sit in a chair day in and day out, listening to other people's problems. Kudos to her for her attentiveness and focus.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

After a long search for a good therapist, I began seeing Mary Harsany. She is insightful, warm and smart. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants a non-judgmental and caring therapist.

Submitted June 30, 2015