Ratings for Dr. Donna Kimmel

Not good. My husband and I went in for couples' counseling. Within 30 seconds of meeting me she was making very strong statements about what I "must" be like. Very unhelpful.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Rather poor therapist. Condescending and rude.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

I felt compelled to review this person after what had to be the strangest first and only appt I have ever had with a therapist. I contact Dr. Kimmel regarding couples counseling for myself and my significant other of 4 years, for issues that did not involve any abuse or infidelity or anything else of a major nature. It was simply a general, generic "not getting along well, arguing a lot, financial strain" type of situation. I also mentioned we had a 2 year old child, and after this, Dr. Kimmel immediately said our situation sounded "very sad for the child" and therefore she could not help us--at all. We had only one phone appt, during which I was polite and well-spoken, and could not at all understand why my having a child would preclude this couples counselor from working with myself and my partner. My boyfriend is non-abusive and there was no hint of any "danger" or major issues here...does Dr. Kimmel not ever come across any couples who have children together?!! That seems unlikely!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014