Ratings for Dr. Debasish Mitra

I consulted Paediatric Surgeon Dr Debasish Mitra at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital for my son's scrotal swelling after being referred by Paediatrician Dr Shampa Mitra. Dr Debasish Mitra advised me herniotomy at the earliest. I consulted another Paediatric Surgeon who told that it is a case of Hydrocele and not Hernia so it does not need operation and needs to be under observation as it may reduce spontaneously. My son's swelling gradually disappeared in next 1 year and my son was saved from an unnecessary operation by Dr Debasish Mitra. Because of these type of doctors, people are losing faith in doctors at Apollo. It is a shame that a Paediatric Surgeon practicing at Apollo cannot diagnose whether a child has Hernia or Hydrocele and minting money by doing unnecessary operation on children who do not require surgery. I hope other parents should not fall in hands of such greedy doctors like Dr Debasish Mitra.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017