Ratings for Linda Gedeon

I normally don't write reviews but I would like Dr. Gedeon to help other couples as she did with us. I've been suffering with infertility for over 3 years and was left with no hope of getting pregnant and having children of my own. I got pregnant after 4 weeks of following her treatment plan. She is excellent at what she does and knew right away what to do. She is purely amazing and a blessing to me!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

It takes a lot for me to decide to write a negative review-- and yet I hope to save others from making the same mistake I made. I had an initial one-hour consultation with Dr Gedeon, and was presented a bill for over $1,000 at the end. I was stunned. I found Dr. Gedeon on the web, read her reviews and called for an appointment. I asked for information about her fees but was told, by what was clearly an answering service, that they had no information available. I don't like not knowing what I'm getting into, and had hoped that the initial client paperwork or her website would be of help, to no avail. I decided to go anyway, and figured I'd talk to her office staff. When I arrived the Dr took me into her treatment room (there is no lobby or office staff), and handed me additional paperwork. I asked about her fee schedule. She gave it to me and I read that the first appointment fee ranged from $330 to $780 (30-90mins). I tried to digest this, as I'd never paid fees like this for naturopathic care. I requested that we keep it on the lower end, as I was paying out of pocket, and wanted to be able to afford the treatment. Dr Gedeon is all business-- not warm or connecting, just thoroughly taking down the facts. I would not describe her as holistic-- she didn't seem to have any room for the emotional/spiritual aspects of health. Her forte is purely the physical body. I felt like I was in the office of an allopathic doctor-- she sat behind her laptop and took notes, never looked me in the eye, then took my blood pressure, heart rate and other vitals. At the end of the exam, she spent about 10 minutes writing a treatment plan while I waited-- it was awkward sitting there. Then she started handing me supplements- seven bottles in all, with quick descriptions of what they where. Then she handed me the bill. $1050! ($550 for the one hour exam, $500 for the supplements). I've been going to naturopaths in Portland for over 30 years, and I've NEVER been charged this much. I was in shock, and honestly didn't know what to do. I asked how an immune boosting tincture could cost $124, and she said it was "high quality". I was tongue tied. I wanted to protest the cost, hand back the supplements and walk out, yet I also honored her time and expertise and doubted myself-- maybe prices had really gone up? Maybe this is considered reasonable now? I paid the bill and walked out, with a knot in my stomach. The next day I wrote to the doctor and expressed my concerns about the supplements (she knew I was paying out of pocket, yet didn't even discuss the outrageous cost of what she prescribed), asked what I could expect to pay for the lab work she ordered, and how much future appointments and supplements would cost. It seemed like a fair request-- if I'm going to proceed with treatment, I want to know that I can afford it. Her reply to my email was cold and matter of fact-- she lacked empathy, didn't answer my questions about what future treatment and testing would cost, and didn't even sign the email. This email could have come from a form letter, as there was no personal connection at all. I replied that I would return the untouched supplements and find another practitioner. Her email back was, "you cannot return the supplements" and maybe you should apply for the Oregon Health Plan (which I clearly don't qualify for, and she would have known this had she listened to me during the appointment!) It's sad to me when any practitioner lacks the ability to understand what it's like to be a patient, trying to get good care at a reasonable price-- and having a naturopath like this is even worse. While I believe Dr Gedeon is a good doctor, I would suggest that only those with great health insurance that has naturopathic coverage (without a huge deductible) AND plenty of money for supplements consider working with her.

Submitted April 10, 2018

Dr. Gedeon helped me with my Crohn's Disease and food allergies. I suffered for years prior to seeing her. I found her on my insurance company's website which covers naturopathic medicine.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

She helped me with my PCOS. I am very pleased with the results and will continue my care with her. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I enjoyed my appointment with her. I look forward to my next appointment. Very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Great doctor! She is very knowledgeable, caring and helpful. I'm so happy I found her.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014