Ratings for Dr. Danny H. Vo

I've been a patient of Dr. Vo's for about a year, having been referred to him with a recent change in my HMO insurance. I like Dr. Vo - he takes an interest in me & my health issues and makes helpful observations. He explains issues and takes adequate time to make sure he understands my inquiries & provides good feedback. I never feel like I'm rushed with Dr. Vo. There has been a downside since I started seeing him, and I'm not sure if this is so much a criticism of the doctor as it is the recent changes in insurance: Dr. Vo is my internist and "gatekeeper" for my HMO - I cant see a specialist without a referral from Dr. Vo. Sometimes his referrals to specialists aren't quite correct and need to be re-done. I've received a few referrals, made appointments as a result of his referrals, only to learn that the original referral isn't valid and/or must be changed for whatever reason. As I say, this might be more of an insurance issue that it is with the doctor; I don't know for sure. There have been a few instances where the doctor wasn't sure about the exact state of my active prescriptions. I know what I'm taking, but he has occasionally changed dosages based on his orders. He has asked me about dosages of my prescriptions. In such cases, I would hope that he would know the most recent dosages. I like Dr Vo, but suspect that insurance issues cause problems with the relationship at times. The office staff is always ready to help and very courteous, however.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Vo. He is by far THE BEST Dr. I have ever seen! He is kind, patient, and extremely thorough. He makes a patient feel at ease, and thoroughly explains things in simple easy to understand terms. I had a car accident and felt too miserable to have to drag myself into the doctor. My friends and family insisted that I see a doctor. As a teen, I was nearly raped by a man of Asian descent. Ever since then, I have been too frightened to see any doctor that resembles that particular offender. I called to make an appointment and the lady recommended Dr. Vo. He truly was a God-send. I am elated to know there IS a man I can trust with the utmost in professionalism and most importantly-kindness and compassion. Thanks Dr. Vo! You truly are the BEST!! Sincerely, your newfound patient Jan H.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014