Ratings for Dr. Bryce Clubb

I had the same experience as the previous poster. I was in the meeting for a mere 15 minutes and the two doctors took no notes. I travelled to the Clinic from a regional town and was not told that they always run late and that the appointment may run to 90 minutes so I did not take this into account when i booked trip back.. I had never been so ill informed for an appointment. As they had a letter from the most respected pain doctor in Australia, who diagnosed me, and Clubb told me at least twice he has worked with him I did not expect him to rubbish his diagnosis. My doctor was sent a letter full of information that had no basis in facts including dates, other medical conditions and claims that I was attending for reasons I was not. They appear to have ignored decades of research on a problem that every office worker is told about in OH@S as to danger to health. I could go on about what really amounted to the worse specialist appointment I have had in over twenty years about my health problem .Many doctors from many medical streams agreed I have the injury. What really gets me is that there are one and half million links on the net about my problem and research on it in nearly every country yet they appeared not to know. I found a link to research in 2017 from Queensland University that said that a review of everything done around the world has not come up for a reason why millions are suffering varying amounts of this type of injury. The medical profession has in the 20 odd years I have been watching not be able to come up with an explanation of chronic pain for a lot of things yet apparently some are able to rubbish you having it and saying you are only there for drugs. Any doctor can look up my script history on the government records.. What we who have Chronic Pain are being blamed for is the illegal drug problem that is being blamed on all doctors when in fact all the drug addicts can get them much cheaper and in more volume from going to dealers that are spreading everywhere. I hate taking drugs as I have so many side effects and that is the reason why the majority of people do not take them. I went to visit this clinic to get help on better and new treatment and to find out what the research is currently saying. I have taken myself off drugs for as long as possible many times but as pain is used as a form of torture when it comes back bad it is pills or death. You only have to read the news to see how many people commit suicide due to untreated or untreatable pain. I am shocked at the confirmation bias and the lack of compassion plus how they came to their conclusion. I do not think they understand anything about types of pain or how the body works. Tool injuries via work have been around for hundred of years. I was a highly paid Senior Manager for decades and I lost over a million in income and much more due to my pain and there is no rational reason I would make it up as it has destroyed my career and my life. Be warned that compassion and empathy is not at this clinic for those with my type of injury and pain. I described my pain the way the doctors told me when I had no idea of what I had and clearly did not have access to a medical database . The world wide web was not even available when I got hurt and I only found what I had by going to the library of the government who had been warned by people overseas it was happening. If this clinic has no knowledge about a workplace injury that has been happening around the world in millions of workplaces when no one has any prior knowledge then if you have the pain I have I suggest you look elsewhere..

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I had the misfortune to be refered to the Pain Clinic at the RWBH. I was assessed by 3 drs in a very adversarial setting and Dr Clubb basically accused me of being a drug addict, doctor shopping and drug seeking and did nothing at all to treat my underlying pain problem. He did not listen, asked the same question using different words as if try to "trap" me into saying i was a drug addict. My surgeon ended up referring me to the pain clinic at Greenslopes so i could get some help and was not impressed with the treatment and the consultation i had received. This Dr is NOT a pain specialist but a specialist in addiction medicine. He did not disclose this fact to me and also refused to let my partner into the room. I would avoid this Dr and seek help elsewhere.

Submitted October 18, 2013