Ratings for Dr. Parag Sheth

Staff was polite but unhelpful. They delayed MRI pre-authorization request by failing to submit it for a week and then shuffling paperwork while my pain and disability worsened. I was never kept waiting long in the waiting room, he was generally on time. But he has limited/outdated knowledge of treatment for Frozen Shoulder. He is polite in person but was unresponsive to my complaints re: the level of pain I was experiencing and the limitations/reduced range of motion/sleeplessness I was enduring. He did not return calls. And ultimately, recommended a type of procedure to rupture the adhesive capsulitis by injecting a huge amount a fluid until the capsule bursts open. After seeking a second opinion from an Orthopedic Surgeon, not a Physiatrist, I was told the nobody does that procedure anymore because it's uncontrolled. If surgery is necessary then arthroscopic surgery is best because it's far more specific. That said, the Orthopedic Surgeon injected my shoulder with cortisone, in the right spot, and prescribed aggressive PT. My pain was almost immediately improved and my ROM is significantly better. No surgery and no crazy outdated procedure.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

He took his time with me and explained everything in a understanding way.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Reviewed my symptoms. Very careful and comprehensive. Impressive training and a very nice person.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I had previously seen Dr. Herrera at Mount Sinai but had decided not to see him again. On 7-5-13 I called and Jackie told me that I would not be able to make an appointment as I was Dr. Herrera's patient. I explained that I was looking for a new pain management doctor. Jackie told me she would speak with both doctors and call me back. On 7-9 Jackie told me that she had spoken with both doctors, Herrera and Sheth, and that she could schedule the appointment. The appointment was scheduled for 7-19-13. On 7-19 Sheth made me wait for an hour then office manager told me that Sheth refused to see me because I was Herrera's patient. The treatment I received from Sheth's office was inexcusable. Patients have the right to change providers. Once the appointment was made, it should have been honored. It is inexcusable, callus and cruel to leave a chronic pain patient sitting and waiting for medical care for close to an hour for absolutely no reason and then not providing that care.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013