Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Flannelly

I met with Dr. Flannelly today. Am highly impressed with his promptness, directness, insightful perspectives and breath of knowledge. He's patient and also a bit humorous. Wasn't sure if I would return after first meeting but felt very certain that he was a suitable fit after only thirty minutes into our session.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

Dr. Flannelly is an excellent therapist. I have really grown and developed thanks to his help and guidance.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I recently referred a close friend in need of assistance to Dr. Flannelly, and when she looked him up online, she found this website. I have known Dr. Flannelly for over five years, and he has thoughtfully and conscientiously guided me through some of the hardest times of my life. The last reviewer might have been having a hard day, but that is no excuse for the online character assassination of one of the most hard working, dedicated, insightful, and creative psychologists I have ever met. He has a great sense of humor, a sharp mind, and I have always felt he genuinely cared for my best interests even when he held me accountable for some of my choices. I encourage anyone in need of assistance to call his office, and I recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Very Good. Recommended. Respectful. Funny. Practical advice.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr. Flannelly is an excellent therapist. He is dedicated, knowledgeable and very effective. Talking with him was extremely helpful and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

I also disagree with the negative post. I have found Dr. Flannelly to be very competent and compassionate. He certainly hasn't always told me "what I wanted to hear."

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

I respectfully disagree with the prior post. I have worked with Dr. Flannelly for over a year. In that time, I have never found him to say what I wanted to hear to ensure future visits. Occasionally, I left feeling quite the opposite. I returned, because I find him caring, steady and relentless in his efforts to move me forward in my life. His knowledge base seems sound and he is willing to consult with other professionals outside his scope. He is not perfect, occasionally he may run a few minutes late. He is not a man who takes shortcuts or gives up easily.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2006

Part of the modern-day culture of fault deflection. Such psychologists usually find a way to make your problems someone else's fault (your parents, your spouse, your kids) to make you feel good about yourself. After all, if you don't like what you hear, you might not come back.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2006