Dr. Jay M. Dutton

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Dutton

I can’t say enough about the amazing, high quality, compassionate care provided by Dr Dutton and his team! I have recommended him to all my friends and family. I did my research and he is one of the most highly regarded ENTs in the profession so you are in very capable hands. I was puzzled by the few negative reviews because they seemed to be on the opposite end of the spectrum of my experience or that of others I’ve referred to Dr Dutton. I now wouldn’t trust my care for these types of services to any other physician. Thanks Dr Dutton and thanks to your team!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I had a scar revision on my nose performed by Dr. Dutton. He immediately made me feel confident that he could improve my scar and I was happy I made the decision to see him. He was very detailed in the plan of care. Even when I became nervous of the upcoming procedure he called me to explain I would be well taken care of which gave me much relief. During the procedure he made me feel very comfortable and I felt I was in good hands. He has great bedside manner and you can tell he has compassion for his patients and he’s very professional. I am seeing good results 3 week post op and really appreciate his patience and calm demeanor with any questions I have. I highly recommend him. His staff is also very accommodating when scheduling an appointment and professional as well!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Dutton and his staff. I had been miserable for a long time with my sinuses and it finally came to a head. They were very busy and couldn't get me in but when he found out he got me in as a new patient ASAP, stayed late into the early evening with me and began treating me. Ultimately it came to surgery several months ago and I couldn't be happy. My sinus problems are almost completely better. I've heard he's a great technical surgeon from other physicians and he has a wonderful bedside manner. I couldn't recommend him more.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Dr. Dutton successfully treated both my son and daughter on multiple occasions. He was patient and very knowledgeable. My children felt at ease and comfortable in his care. I feel very confident referring him for both his professionalism and bed side manner. His staff was also warm and welcoming. Excellent experience.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I have had several procedures from Dr. Dutton since I am a bit rough on my equipment. Most recently he fixed a tear in my ear drum which not only went very smoothly, now I am scuba diving more than ever with no issues!! I have also had emergency nose reconstruction surgery due to a bicycle accident as well as septum and rhino plasty done a few years previous which to this day is night and day better!! Haven't had a sinus infection in years!! I trust Dr. Duttons abilities, like his professionalism as well as his friendly and professional staff. -Jim W

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I re-contacted Dr. Dutton as I continue to have issues even after his treatment. He worked on me in the past and I wanted to trust that he could figure out the problem(s) and help me for hopefully the last time. When I got in touch with him and asked him when I could come in he tried to get me to go to his partner or another doctor instead for some reason. But I made the appointment with him since he knew my history. He didn't take the time on this visit to do an in-depth exam and I got a few exasperated uneasy huffs and puffs from him. Very strange visit and I'm still suffering.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Excellent ENT physician and staff. The only doctor who was able to help with my chronic sinus trouble. Because I work in healthcare, I am more diligent with choosing my doctors. Doctor Dutton & his great staff have proven over the years to be the best ENT team I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr Jay Dutton was extremely professional and knowledge he did an excellent job in my rhinoplasty and on my sinus surgery I highly recommend Dr Dutton and his office staff is friendly and extremely helpful as well the over all experience was excellent

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr Dutton was extremely knowledgable and very informative I appreciated his professionalism and time he took explaining my procedure to me I look great and feel great thank you Dr Dutton for making me happy again

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I was never a fan of my nose. I also had bad sinus problems especially this past year before surgery. Dr. Dutton was very willing to help. He made sure I felt comfortable with what was going to be done. I am now two months out of surgery and I am loving my nose more and more each day. It is perfect and now, I can breathe! Its all thanks to Dr. Dutton! He is willing to help with any concerns I have to this day and I am so thankful that I have such a great doctor. I recommend him to anyone for both plastic surgery and sinus problems! The BEST!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Jay M. Dutton

Dr. Jay M. Dutton's response
Thank you! It is feedback like this particularly from an actual VALIDATED patient that we love to receive, for better or for worse. You have been a pleasure to take care of every step of the way, and I'm honored that I your mother allowed me to perform your surgery after correcting her own nasal issues years ago (although second generation surgeries make me realize my age!) . Best of luck in your internship!

Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Jay M. Dutton's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Your nose and sinuses are critical to your well-being and their care is my top priority. Whether your treatment plan includes an intricate rhinoplasty, a sinus surgery, or even just excellent medical care for your sinus problems, I can help you reach your goals safely, comfortably, naturally and with the least downtime possible. My experience and double board certification in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide this specialized care to you. Whether your needs are functional or cosmetic, I look forward to meeting with you to help develop the ideal treatment plan for your nasal and sinus concerns.

• English

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)
  • Indiana University Bloomington (Grad. 1990)

• Chronic sinusitis