Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Dutton

I was never a fan of my nose. I also had bad sinus problems especially this past year before surgery. Dr. Dutton was very willing to help. He made sure I felt comfortable with what was going to be done. I am now two months out of surgery and I am loving my nose more and more each day. It is perfect and now, I can breathe! Its all thanks to Dr. Dutton! He is willing to help with any concerns I have to this day and I am so thankful that I have such a great doctor. I recommend him to anyone for both plastic surgery and sinus problems! The BEST!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Jay M. Dutton

Dr. Jay M. Dutton's response
Thank you! It is feedback like this particularly from an actual VALIDATED patient that we love to receive, for better or for worse. You have been a pleasure to take care of every step of the way, and I'm honored that I your mother allowed me to perform your surgery after correcting her own nasal issues years ago (although second generation surgeries make me realize my age!) . Best of luck in your internship!

Submitted August 25, 2015

Chose this dr from a list of ENTs in my plan. Don't make my mistake. Do your homework on drs, ask friends and other drs and most of all trust your instinct. Neither Dr. Dutton or his staff would receive even one star if possible. They are rude, condescending, in an older office with outdated technology and unable to provide proper treatment for nasal and sinus issues.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I re-contacted Dr. Dutton as I continue to have issues even after his treatment. He worked on me in the past and I wanted to trust that he could figure out the problem(s) and help me for hopefully the last time. When I got in touch with him and asked him when I could come in he tried to get me to go to his partner or another doctor instead for some reason. But I made the appointment with him since he knew my history. He didn't take the time on this visit to do an in-depth exam and I got a few exasperated uneasy huffs and puffs from him. Very strange visit and I'm still suffering.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Excellent ENT physician and staff. The only doctor who was able to help with my chronic sinus trouble. Because I work in healthcare, I am more diligent with choosing my doctors. Doctor Dutton & his great staff have proven over the years to be the best ENT team I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Not at all at ease with or trusting of Dr. Dutton, his bedside manner and his rush to perform a CT scan--of course in his office where he would benefit financially 100% from it. Certainly didn't trust his diagnosis or recommended course of surgical treatment. To Dr. Dutton's chagrin, went to Dr. Wiet for a 2nd opinion and had a 180 degree different experience. A terrific doctor who spent time listening, understanding and performing a thorough examination, then recommended conservative treatment sans CT scan. Haven't had an issue going on 6+ months! Don't be fooled by reviews. Do your homework and thoroughly and objectively look into every physician. Check with the hospitals they are on staff at so you don't have to wade through the ratings and reviews of a physician's friends, family and staff.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr Jay Dutton was extremely professional and knowledge he did an excellent job in my rhinoplasty and on my sinus surgery I highly recommend Dr Dutton and his office staff is friendly and extremely helpful as well the over all experience was excellent

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr Dutton was extremely knowledgable and very informative I appreciated his professionalism and time he took explaining my procedure to me I look great and feel great thank you Dr Dutton for making me happy again

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Dutton was extremely professional and caring. He truly listened to my issues and concerns. His primary concern and approach was to first fix the functionality of the nose before worrying about the cosmetic look and his clinical experience made me feel extremely confident about his abilities. His bedside manner before and after surgery was excellent. I had a wonderful experience and would recommend him for septoplasty and nasal reconstruction surgeries.

Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Jay M. Dutton

Dr. Jay M. Dutton's response
Thank you. It is great to hear feedback from someone our office was able to confirm is a true patient. You've been truly a pleasure to treat as a patient, and the reason I went into this field. Although I will admit a recurring theme of not the highest marks for "punctuality" :-) . I'm actually a very punctual person, but this field makes it very difficult. I will say that in my defense, we are often left with the choice of either being punctual but too abrupt with patients to move on to the next of many, or taking the time to listen and do our best. I'll admit I feel the pressure particularly with all of the recent healthcare changes, but I try to do my best to take my time and listen to your concerns as well as humanly possible . I figure if it just puts me another 5 or 10 minutes behind, it's worth it to make sure we've satisfied any problem we can possibly fix. Thanks again for allowing me to help you!

Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Dutton with his extensive training is one of the finest ENT/ Facial Plastic Surgeons. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I needed major reconstructive septoplasty/rhinoplasty to look like my natural self. He takes the time to listen and explain. He works hard with you to get the results you want/need. I have 100% trust and confidence in him. I am very satisfied. I have and do recommend him to others. His staff is great and accommodating. I was very grateful to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

We had a great experience with my son's surgery. Yes we had to wait a little because he was busy, but he appears to be busy for a reason. He takes his time with patients, is very compassionate, and bends over backwards for them in many ways. Very knowledgeable, excellent surgeon. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr. Jay M. Dutton's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Your nose and sinuses are critical to your well-being and their care is my top priority. Whether your treatment plan includes an intricate rhinoplasty, a sinus surgery, or even just excellent medical care for your sinus problems, I can help you reach your goals safely, comfortably, naturally and with the least downtime possible. My experience and double board certification in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery allows me to provide this specialized care to you. Whether your needs are functional or cosmetic, I look forward to meeting with you to help develop the ideal treatment plan for your nasal and sinus concerns.

• English

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)
  • Indiana University Bloomington (Grad. 1990)

• Chronic sinusitis