Ratings for Dr. James G. Lieber

worst doctor I've ever known. He should consider doing something else for a living.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Lieber is the most professional and knowledgeable physician I have ever had the privilege of being treated by. I have been a patient of his practice for 4 years now, and will not change providers. I moved to Goodyear, so his office is a 45 minute drive for me. Despite the distance, I am certain Dr. Lieber will remain my physician for years to come. He takes the time to understand my complaints, gathers more information and presents me with his diagnosis. He gives you options with regard to medications and treatments. I have read a few reviews that discredit his support staff. I have always found them to be quick and efficient. They always are friendly and have a smile. Same day appointments can be scheduled if needed.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I am 67 years old and when I found Dr. Lieber 2 years ago, I had been addicted to Anti-Depressants for over 25 years. My diabetes was out of control and I weighed 20 pounds more than I do today. My energy and clarity level are better now than when I was 45 years old. I have never had any problem with the Administrative Personnel and my only complaint is that "Automatic Recorded Call" that keeps coming, unless you BLOCK it!"

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

The Dr. himself is a pleasure to work with but he needs to fire and rehire all new front office staff. They are always so rude.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Speaking to anyone there takes 1 to 2 days at least. They screwed up my medicine refill's & I was without several medicines for 5 days. One I was without for 2 weeks while he waited for my blood work. I had been on that pill for 9 years. I actually went into the office since I wasn't getting call backs & was without the medicine. The Dr. was out of the office & the Dr. lady he shares the office with wouldn't issue me a refill. She suggested I go to my cardiologist to get them refilled. I tried to talk to his assistant & the lady at the front desk made a comment of how she wouldn't say what his assistant said about me. His assistant said she would call me back 3 times & didn't so I had to call her. She doesn't call you back the same day so I have to wait 1 or 2 days for her to call. I'm currently waiting on another script that was to be called in over 2 weeks ago. I just checked with my Insurance company & they said it was never called in. I'm getting a new Dr once my med's are filled.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

First visit - I am a snowbird from Canada and am not used to having to pay to see a doctor but he was well worth the time and money. He is knowledgeable and has no problem getting test results from my doctor in Canada. He is thorough and quite charming. I find his medical assistant efficient and extremely pleasant. Office staff were friendly if somewhat reserved - to be expected in a busy office. I am totally pleased with my experience.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

Dr. Lieber is a very competent doctor. I have used him for over 6 years. He is attentive and accommodating. His staff feel like family to me especially his nurse Stevie. When she was away for a while, the new nurse was not like her so that concerned me for a bit. Now Stevie is back again. As far as doctors go, Dr. lieber is supportive, accommodating and all around awesome. My sister is an awesome physician too and so I recognize caring and competent doctors when I see them. My sister is awesome as is Dr. lieber.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

His office staff is not pleasant. I never seem to be able to speak with anyone in the office. I have to use the automated system every time and I go to Dr. Lieber's assistant, who does not call back quickly. In fact, her outgoing voice mail message is that she will get back to you in 24 to 48 hours! What?!! And when she did finally call back (more than 48 hours later) I repeated my voice mail message, again asking for a 90 prescription and she said she would get back to me after talking to Dr. Lieber. It's been over a week now and I haven't heard back from her. And Dr. Lieber's style is like another person commented ... he uses his electronic pad, spends up to 10 minutes with you and leaves. It's time to get another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

If you are the type that wants to see your doctor every month, Lieber is for you. He almost never gives refills on prescriptions so you have to constantly talk to his nurse to get refills. Lieber will want to see you once a month for most refills. He talks to you for 10 seconds, hits his hand held computer to refill the prescription, and your insurance pays $120 for the appointment. Lieber is very insensitive to the fact that most long term prescriptions are for 90 days -- he simply doesn't care and won't write them. His nurse told me to find another doctor to write 90 day prescriptions, so I will, but it's kind of a hassle.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

Dr. James G. Lieber's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1995)