Ratings for Dr. Amy E. Bentley

Have been dealing with severe pain since late november. Dr. Bentley had put me on Percocet 10 at that time because it caused my function to go from100 to about 10. On a good day. I have a five year old with adhd and anxiety disorder who requires constant supervision so sitting down is not an option. On dec. 15 i had a physical scheduled. Told her i had weened myself of of them due to my husband now seperated and seeking divorce would not stay out of my bottle. I did not want to get in trouble or lose her as a dr. Up to this point she had always given a 5 star care rateing and i trusted and respected her. That was my mistake. I went back in late jan. Realizing at that point that i could no longer tolerate the level of pain i was in. It would reach a point that i would vomit. After explaining this to elizabeth gager and knowing she would speak to dr bentley came back to tell me dr bentley said it is just a muscle problem. Prescribed exact same meds mild muscle relaxant gabapentin and a steroid. Taken exact same meds for problem many times before. Did not touch this. Ended up at blount memorial on thursday ( feb 5 2016) after wakeing up at 2 am that morning hurting and trying to roll myself out of bed. It still took me half a day and 3 friends later to go on to er. They gave me a morphine shot and i guess my pain leval was to far out of control because the morphine did not help to much and i have a sinsitivity to meds. On friday i received a phone call from lorie dr bentleys nurse who proceeds to tell me that dr bentley found it inappropriate. For me to have gone to the er on thursday. She claims it is muscle spasms. I have had muscle spasms for about 3 yrs. Now and although painful one they have never sat me down on the couch and always went away after a few minutes. This pain is constant and goes from dull to excruciating with more i move arround. Second when i seen the physical therapist he mashed arroun on my back muscles and i only had slight tenderness. Muscle spasms. Would cause my back muscles to be very tender. When he mashed on my spinal columb i had to ask him to stop. So you be the judge muscle spasm or something else. I have an app. With a specialist on thursday 11 th. To help me figure out what has caused an active 42 yr old to go from playing with her son and keeping her house clean to barely taking. Care of her son an a messy house. Warning. Do not be honest with her if you suffer from severe pain about anyone close to you who has a drug problem. She will make you pay dearly for your honesty. Do not trust her like i did please. She had no compassion what so ever after me telling her that my husband had a problem with pills. Prior to that she had compassion and was an excellent dr and i had nothing bad to ever say about her. I should never had to pay. For my honesty but that is exaxctly what she is making me do. I have since been discharged from her practice but i really do not want a dr. That would act in the way that she has anyway.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Wonderful doctor--thorough, caring, and professional.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007

Wonderful physician! Knowledgeable and caring; good personality.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

I go to Dr. Bentley as does my mother and grandmother and we all love her. She is incredibly thorough and takes the time to listen to you. I had standard bloodwork done and the results were in the mail to me in five days (including the weekend) with comments filled out by Dr. Bentley herself. She asks a lot of questions and tries to make sure that you mention every symptom you have. She is very comprehensive. I definitely waited a long time - I was told to get there at 1:00 and didn't leave until 3:30, but that isn't as long as other doctors I've been to. Her office is very organized, one of my lab tests came back slightly high and she sent me a notification with a prescription inside, which was helpful so I didn't have to go back to her office. I didn't have any problems with her staff. Her secretary is very easy to get in touch with and responds to voicemails quickly. I would DEFINITELY recommend her, if you can get an appt, I hear she's not taking any new patients.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

Dr Bentley is an OK doc but her staff are rude and very unprofessional. Why I've kept her as my doc for the last four years, I don't... oh wait, that's right I tried to switch Docs. Different doc, same practice and her staff called the Dr I was planning on switching to and then for some mysterious reason they suddenly refused to pick me up as a patient. This happened when they requested my records. She's in this huge practice that is everywhere in kville. She mistakenly diagnosed me with a HERNIA. They charge $20 for copies of medicl records. The list goes on and on. At the very least they have some serious office politics and catty uninformed nurses. Avoid, avoid avoid.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2006

Dr. Amy E. Bentley's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Powell, TN