Ratings for Dr. Joseph O'Callaghan

Tried three times to make an appointment. Each time the phone rang out, then to voice mail. I was asked to leave a message, with contact details etc. the message said " if you don't leave a message, we won't know you called" at no point has anyone called me back.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

archaic appointment setting system, and poor response to multiple messages left. Need to show greater respect for patients, we have busy lives too.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Frustrating to deal with. Receptionist doesn't have access to appt book. Have to ring wife. She may get back to you if you lucky in a week after you leave multiple messages. No eftpos. No reminder call or text when booked a year in advance. Can't deal with them anymore.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Have been seeing Dr O'Callaghan for years because of little options in our area. On two occasions I had my appointment cancelled due to one time his mother being ill and the other his mother dying. On both occasions I had to organise my own new appointment. The second time it happened I tried to get a new appointment for well over a month and never received a call after leaving multiple messages on their answering service. I finally emailed Dr O'Callaghan after which his secretary finally called a few weeks later and arranged a cancellation appointment for a specific day but no time. I never received another call specifying a time, nor another call organising a new appointment. I have given up trying to see him. My illness is now starting to effect my liver and I can no longer see my rheumatologist. Thank goodness I was able to obtain an appointment with a local rheumatologist whose books are normally closed. Still 5mths away, but at least I got an appointment!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015