Ratings for Dr. Joseph O'Callaghan

Seen Dr O'Callaghan for quite a few years and happy with his treatment of RA. BUT .... his appointment system is hopeless. I have phoned ev ery numb er on csard i have and all giv e message that they re not available. These are the same numb ers listed on this web site as at Mon 5th Marc h 2018. Usually ab le to make next appointment when am at Silverton Place, b ut towards the end of last year the receptionist just took names and said we wd b e contacted after dr came back from holidays. Am still waiting, how am I supposed to contact him??! The appointment system is truly archaic. :(

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

Archaic appointment system with a person who has a private number and you have to wait till she calls you. I got a cancellation appointment at a time and date but no address. Tried calling multiple times to find out where I am going but only this person with the private number can tell me that (even though he works at multiple practices). When I got to see him, he wanted me to start horrible medication even though I didn’t have a distinct diagnosis and I have since found relief for my symptoms naturally without the medication. He also gave me a script that, when I went to the chemist, didn’t have the medication he said he was prescribing (forgot to write it on). Had a hard d time contacting people to get him to fax the chemist the prescription but was told it would definitely happen... that’s over a week ago with no contact. Also was told their ‘eftpos system is currently down’ by private number lady to find out by the administration assistant at the practice that they haven’t ever had an eftpos system that he only deals with cash or cheque.... Mmmm. When I said that I couldn’t do that as was planing to pay by credit card, I was told I could do a direct transfer however no one other than private number lady is able to provide the bank details. A very frustrating and disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Tried three times to make an appointment. Each time the phone rang out, then to voice mail. I was asked to leave a message, with contact details etc. the message said " if you don't leave a message, we won't know you called" at no point has anyone called me back.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

archaic appointment setting system, and poor response to multiple messages left. Need to show greater respect for patients, we have busy lives too.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Frustrating to deal with. Receptionist doesn't have access to appt book. Have to ring wife. She may get back to you if you lucky in a week after you leave multiple messages. No eftpos. No reminder call or text when booked a year in advance. Can't deal with them anymore.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Have been seeing Dr O'Callaghan for years because of little options in our area. On two occasions I had my appointment cancelled due to one time his mother being ill and the other his mother dying. On both occasions I had to organise my own new appointment. The second time it happened I tried to get a new appointment for well over a month and never received a call after leaving multiple messages on their answering service. I finally emailed Dr O'Callaghan after which his secretary finally called a few weeks later and arranged a cancellation appointment for a specific day but no time. I never received another call specifying a time, nor another call organising a new appointment. I have given up trying to see him. My illness is now starting to effect my liver and I can no longer see my rheumatologist. Thank goodness I was able to obtain an appointment with a local rheumatologist whose books are normally closed. Still 5mths away, but at least I got an appointment!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015