Ratings for Dr. Jamie Spiegelman

Dr. Jamie spiegelman is my father's doctor in icu at Humber River Hospital. His approach to his profession medicine and craft is inspiring and truly appreciated by me and my family, I wish I could explain how special he is as a person let alone a doctor I would trust them wholeheartedly and I wish him and all of his patients the best and know that they are in the best care possible with him as their physician. I cannot express my gratitude and I also want to emphasize his caring bedside manner and his potential to be a rockstar for sure, he is the closest thing I've ever found to be so humble dedicated and professional thank you so much.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

He saved my life and I’m very thankful for to him and it is the very least I can do for him is leave a thank you on this website and an excellent review. I am a guy in my 30s, not the healthiest but not that bad. I came into the emergency room with chest pain and was referred to him. Initially it was thought to be something he called pericarditis. Over the next 6 hours he followed me closely and I was still have chest pain. He repeated many tests and became concerned with a repeat ecg - he analyzed it and reviewed with me that he wasn’t 100% sure but he thought this may be a heart attack and not pericarditis. Given my age this was hard to believe. He called the cardiologist at Sunnybrook for another opinion and given my ongoing symptoms they decide to bring me over immediately for an angiogram (I was told later that this was not a straight forward call as the ecg was not classical and that this doctor’s gut feeling may have saved my life). I had stents places into my heart as my arteries were blocked at Sunnybrook. Thank you Dr. Spiegelman! (For your intuition, kindness, dedication etc...)

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

He was my father’s physician in the ICU. He was nice and approachable, but most of all honest and upfront in a very empathetic way. He was much appreciated by our family.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I agree with all the comments - he is an excellent doctor. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

He was my father's doctor at Humber River Hospital and I'm thankful he was. He explained everything to my family and father so we understood what was happening and what our options were. His knowledge, patience and professionalism were top-notch. With doctors like him, Humber Hospital seems to have a very bright future.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Very happy with him as the doctor for our father in the Icu. Approachable, pleasant and realistic. Very emphatic and understanding of our family needs. He showed patience and always kept the best interest of our father (the patient) in mind. It helped with making very difficult decisions. One of the best doctors we have ever dealt.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

He treated my father in the emergency room, was caring, honest and knowledgable. You'll be lucky to get him if you visit Humber Hospital.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I agree with all the positive ratings here. He is a great doctor. I just wish the rest of the doctors around him are as caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate about being a doctor. He really cares about the patient and family, and the quality of service he provides. Our family really appreciated him at our side when one of family member became gravely ill. Thank you Dr. Spiegelman.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

He treated me in the ER at Humber hospital. He was great, excellent bedside manner and explained things clearly. He took the time with me to ensure I was comfortable with my medical issues. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

He helped my family cope with the passing of our father in the Icu in a very humane, compassionate, and caring manner. He made the process much easier on all of us, explaining the underlying medical issues to us clearly and making the decision for us easier. Our family will always remember that, and that we know our father wasn't suffering and was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Spiegelman

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017