Ratings for Dr. Donald Milliken

5 years later. You do not have to suppose anything. "You're looking for pixie dust" & telling me in a clear patronizing manner "I feel sorry for you" as he turned his back and left the interview room is pretty black & white to me. When I asked him what he meant, he just shook his head & continued leaving. Does this sound like something helpful to say?

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

This kind man has luterally saved my life. More than once.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

He's a pretty smart guy. He gets to the heart of your problem very quickly. I like him.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Spent time with me, explaining the treatment plan and options. Paid attention to my concerns about side effects of the medications for my serious depression. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Kind and helpful. Expained what he was suggesting in straightforward terms. Spent a lot of time discussing the alternatives in my care.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I have bipolar illness and have been a patient of Dr. Milliken's for over 3 years. During that time I have found him to be friendly, a good listener and anxious to find a solution(s) to my problems. Obviously, he is not going to "cure" me, but he can make life a little easier. He may seem somewhat distant at times because he takes an academic stance on issues rather "hand holding." I like this, although I can see some would not. But if you really want something to happen, he can get it done. He wanted me to go into the hospital (I was really in a dark mood), but I hesitated to do so. He got a bed for me and called me every day for a week in case I changed my mind. I had a bad fall one night and left a message for him. He tried to get hold of me all day (I was away from the phone) and he finally got through to me while he was on the ferry! He was willing to talk to me for as long as I needed. I asked him to fill out some forms for me and he was happy to do it, did it on his own time, and didn't charge me. I enjoy going to our sessions and seem to feel a bit better when I leave. Bottom line: I trust him to do his best to help me. He isn't going to "cure" me. Psychiatrists can only help.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Incompetent and dangerous. Doesn't seem to have a very good grasp on how to treat people. Didn't seem to care about me as a patient. Poor listening skills.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Told me to get over the loss of my daughter. I am in the Psych ward for severe trauma and he told me I had an attitude problem and should just get on with it. If you see this man, RUN!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

This man has saved my life on more than one occasion. He is wonderful, compassionate, and not without a sense of humour. I suspect his pixie dust comment was not made in the condescending intent that the previous commenter interpreted it. Dr. Milliken treats me as an equal. He says there are two experts in this room. He listens intently. He tells me the truth even if it's hard to hear. He does have sympathy and that is not a bad thing. He treats me as he would a daughter. Cannot say enough positive things about the last 6 years of being his patient whom he has never given up on. Rock on Dr. Milliken

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014