Ratings for Dr. Desire M. Hurst

Dr. Hurst is very nice. As a first time mom, I didn't find any judgement from her but rather assurance that my baby is in good hands with her. She answers all sorts of questions I had without passive manner. She listens and examines well. She is not afraid to ask for a second opinion when necessary. We love Dr. Hurst. The office is nice as well. They are quick to give samples and scheduling was never a problem for us. They are also flexible.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Dr. Hurst is potentially the best pediatrician I've ever had the privilege of meeting. You can tell when you meet her that she is a pediatrician because she truly loves kids. She's the kind of doctor that I'm sure lays awake at night thinking of how to promote the best possible outcome for her patients. She has an intricate and thorough understanding of medicine and takes a global approach to health. She doesn't prescribe meds unless she feels they are necessary and will always advise simple home care as a first step. Unlike many doctors, she takes the time to listen to parent's concerns and is happy to reassure parental fears when they are unfounded. She is soft spoken and gentle in manner - not at all intimidating, but is not afraid to speak up when advocating for a child. I've had many conversations with her about my children's various illnesses, and she has been extremely helpful in educating me and prescribing the appropriate medications when necessary. I HIGHLY recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014