Ratings for Dr. Jay Zhu

Dr Zhu is an amazing surgeon. After years of suffering with debilitating pain in her hands and thumbs my Mom is finally able to hold her grand babies and lead a relatively normal life. I was there for almost every appointment and after her surgeries. He is very caring and has a wonderful sense of humor. She woke up from both of her surgeries with little to no pain and they healed beautifully. My family can’t thank Dr Zhu enough for all he has done for us. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a highly skilled plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2018

My first impression of Dr Zhu was great! My 2nd appointment was the complete opposite! He was over an hour late, which is fine, that was not the issue I had, I understand it can get busy! I did not find him to be very professional and like others have said, I felt like I was bothering him.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Thank you for taking care of my husband's thumb so quickly and so efficiently.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Had hand surgery in oct 2017 & Jun 2018 . Dr Zhu did a great job, he is professional and puts you at ease. He communicates exactly what he is doing. He allowed The freezing to work before he started operating on my hand. He is professional and very empathetic . He does run late but that often is due to the fact that he spends time with his patients and answers their questions tHe is the only one that I would let operate on my hands.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

He's the worst doctor I ever seen in my life. He's rude, careless and don't really care about you. He shown me pictures of miss up operations telling me if I still wanna go on with my breast reduction. He also sended very bad comment to my family doctor about me. A chance my boyfriend was with me and put him back to his place. I got out of his clinic crying. I went to another female surgeon in Camrose and she did a total reconstruction, a breast reduction and she did an amazing job. Stay away from him, he shouldn't be able to practice. I feel so bless that he didn't do the surgery. Would I have finished like the women in the pictures he showed me? It still haunts me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

He is not very personable, I felt like I was bothering him by being there. Had to see a Dr the next day as I was told I was on my own. Communication skills is lacking with him. Now i am waiting to see another surgeon to fix what he messed up

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Great surgeon, super personable but he sure shows up late a lot!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

I cannot say enough positive things about this surgeon. After being diagnosed with Melanoma, Dr. Zhu was there from start to finish and made me and my family feel so comfortable and safe. If you have this man as your surgeon, you are in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I was not a patient, but my daughter was. Dr.Zhu was amazing. He made us feel special and cared for. The staff at the Mis were also kind and caring. The whole scary experience was made easier thanks to the professionalism and caring of Dr. Zhu and all the staff!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr Zhu had operated on my son's hand a week ago . He did a great job and was very prompt to respond to our questions and concerns via email.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017