Dr. Shyan Vijayasekaran

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shyan Vijayasekaran

Lovely kind caring amazing with kids and the best trained ENT Surgeon in Perth with an international reputation for his work.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Shyan has seen both my children and removed both their tonsils and put grommets in my son. I could not recommend him highly enough and my kids like him too. He has a great working relationship with both parents and children. He did npt talk me into any operations, only gave the choices available and let me decide. Sometimes he is on time and if not I know it is because he sees emergency cases in between if needed. He doesn't like to turn sick kids away so just know if you don't have an apt but are worried about your child that might be you holding up his time one day.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Excellent! I would not take my kids to see anyone else! Shyan has a lovely caring manner and is very good with the kids. Very knowledgeable and great surgeon!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

He always runs at least an hour late, even at 8.45am in the morning and the staff always blame computer problems. Perhaps he should consider investing in an alarm clock?

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Very good doctor, would recommend to anyone. Very knowledgeable, good surgeon! After seeing my daughter had her in theatre the following day!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

By far the best pediatric ENT in town. He is an excellent, caring physician and surgeon. My children love him.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

I went and saw Dr Vijay for my daughter/toddler who was having ongoing issues with ear infections, tonsillitis and continual antibiotic usage, turns out she had glue ear resulting in a mild hearing loss. Dr Vijay discussed my options with me and we decided on a surgical option in the end. Thank God for Dr Vijay! I have a different child, she is happy, eating better, hearing perfectly, talking more and hasn't had a course of antibiotics since! Dr Vijay is excellent! he is knowledgeable, thorough, honest and courteous, he doesn't always run on time but in my opinion he is well worth the wait! Thanks Dr Vijay another happy customer here.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

The best medical care my family have experienced ever.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

I met Dr Vijayasekaran 5 years ago when I was referred to him by my respiratory specialist after yet another Doctor was unable to help me with my daughter who had not slept, ate or performed well since birth (she was then 15mth old). As soon as I met Dr Vijay I was overwhelmed at his knowledge and the time and empathy that he showed me and my little one, no question was silly and no amount of time too long. It was then determined that she needed adenoids & tonsils removed and grommets inserted. From that day onwards she has never looked back no longer is she the sickly child who was in PMH for her first 15mths of life she is an amazing 5yr old girl, he saved her life and the life of our little family. We then since had our son who also needed the same surgery done and our lives have never been more happy or fulfilled and I can honestly and totally say that without Dr Vijay we would not have survived!! Do I recommend him, well honestly I cannot recommend him HIGHLY enough, one of the best most knowledgeable and kindest men you will ever meet. He also has 4 children and understands parenthood completely, he does not take un necessary risks and by no means recommends surgery on a whim, I have had friends who have gone to him whom he has said that "no surgery was required". Amazing Doctor, 10/10

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr Vijay performed a tonsillectomy, adenoid removal and grommets on my 3 year old son. Dr Vijay is extremely professional and absolutely brilliant at what he does, he has the most wonderful bedside manner with his patients and parents alike, I cannot recommend him highly enough. My son couldn't hear properly for 12 months after seeing other doctors who never picked up my sons glue ear plus large adenoids & tonsils, we finally saw Dr Vijay and now my son is a thriving 3 year boy. I cannot thank Dr Vijay enough for what he has done for our son. Thanks so much to Dr Vijay, his audiologists and all his staff for their outstanding service.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015