Ratings for Dr. Kristen Rice

Dr. Rice ordered a CT scan that was not necessary. My nephrologist recommended I avoid iodine contrast and I expressed this in a message to Dr. Rice. Dr. Rice refused to send old records tothe radiologist despite my request. The old records would have shown that there was no change. So, it cost me $300 and risked my health for no reason. When I left a message asking why I needed the CT she responded that "The radiologist said so." She is arrogant and apparently thinks her patients are too ignorant to receive information. I ordered the radiologist report and brought my old records with me to the radiologist since Dr. Rice refused. Dr. Rice tried to schedule the second CT one month after the first despite that the radiologist said after 3 months. She then tried to schedule my next "6 month checkup" in 3 months. She needs the business. She needs to curb that arrogance and get a little more experience under her belt.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015