Ratings for Dr. Neil Rector

Compassionate , patient and smart. He will really put in the effort to support and connect you with any other help you may need. He is the “ real deal” and anyone would be so lucky to have him help them.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Rector is terrific. He's got a very calm demeanor and a soothing voice. He's non-judgmental but also challenges you when needed. He's well known in the field and teaches at UofT. I am a mental health nurse myself and saw him for panic attacks I was having and he cured me of my attacks. He is very busy and can be hard to book unless you're willing to see him early in the morning.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Dr Rector changed my life in such a positive way. He helped me work through my anxiety and the issue that used to cause me so much anxiety which was impairing my everyday is no longer an issue. He encouraged me to go outside of my comfort zone which made me such a stronger person. I am forever grateful and wish I'd found him years earlier.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Dr. Rector helped me like no other doctor has. He explained things in a way I could process it. He is sympathetic but challenges you. Incredible.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr. Rector runs an extraordinary clinic with an amazing staff. He is a great doctor and has helped so many people.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I have seen many different psychologists in my life and Dr. Rector has been the best by far. I was going through a very dark time and had no hope of getting through it until i began treatment with him. Dr. Rector is one of the most genuine people I have ever met and would recommend him to anyone who needs help or just someone to talk to. He has completely changed my life for the better and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Rector is an amazing psychologist. I saw a few other psychologists who were of no help to me. I had almost given up on hope when I found Dr. Rector. He has a genuine passion for his job actually wants his patients to succeed. I am so grateful to him for giving me my life back and giving me hope when I had completely lost faith. I would highly recommend him. He's an absolute gem.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Neil is a great and caring psychologist and helped me get through a very tough period of my life. He knows what is is doing and is very good at it but beyond that, he conveys the genuine feeling that he really cares about the well being of his patients and that is something. I would recommend him with no hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

I echo many of the sentiments expressed here. I started seeing Dr. Rector at a time when anxiety/panic were ruling my life and I was terrified to do anything. I was not living; I was just surviving. After the very first session I noticed an abatement in my anxiety and finally had hope that I could actually turn things around. I walked in sceptical of CBT (and no, he did not make me keep a "thought diary), and walked out a total fan of him and a believer in CBT. Almost two years on, I feel great (and very, very lucky) and incorporate his techniques into my day-to-day life. Plus he is just so obviously a solid human being.Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

I was really suffering with severe panic when I came to Dr Rector, and had seen 3 other CBT therapists, all of whom had no impact on me. As soon as I talked to Dr Rector on the phone, I knew he was for me. He was booked up for a few weeks, and tried to refer me to another person in his practice, but I insisted on seeing him. He is very kind, very understanding, and not pushy. He is very positive and encouraging in making progress. I put all my trust in him, which was easy to do, since he inspired trust. Within 6 sessions I was almost cured, which I was shocked at, as I went to so many therapists who had no impact. Its not magic, you have to do some work yourself, but the way Dr Rector treats you and teaches you and helps you makes it a lot easier, and you see yourself making progress. I am very thankful to Dr Rector for changing my life.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015