Ratings for Dr. Kapel Chatrath

Doesn't listen. No communication. Diagnoses before I have described all symptoms. Long waits to see him, and short visits once I do get to him.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

I visited Dr. Chatrath and left the appointment so frustrated that I was on the verge of tears. He would not listen to me, seemed annoyed when I asked questions and did not believe me when I told him of conditions I have. I told him I have been periodically experiencing rectal bleeding. He asked if it was possible it was coming from somewhere else (my vagina) and I assured him it wasn't. I told him I have hemorrhoids, he asked how I knew. I said I could feel them. He asked again how I was sure they were hemorrhoids to which I answered, "Trust me, they're hemorrhoids". I explained to him that I developed them during my pregnancies and he asked if an MD ever diagnosed me with them. When I said no he repeated for the 3rd time his question regarding my certainty that these were hemorrhoids. I also told him about a lump I discovered on my cervix to which he asked, "How do you know you have a lump on your cervix?" He insinuated that most likely I'm confusing my period with rectal bleeding.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

Ann like to make smart comments once she hangs up the phone just like the one I over heard while waiting in the exam room, Person calls for a med refill, she says no, hangs up and said why not get them from a Neighbor, I'm sure they are selling some. Dr Chatrath Ignored all my problems everytime I went there and was always worried about telling me what he wanted me to hear! I was NEVER happy with him at all! And after reading many reports elsewhere about this Doctor, I noticed I'm not the only one not happy with him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

I will always be grateful to Dr. Chatrath. I had over 20 years of running around trying to figure out why I had so many UTI's, bladder infections, kidney infections, kidney stones, etc. I had been to many emergency rooms from throwing up from the kidney infections. ER doctors asking if I had an STD, informing me to wear different undergarments, to wipe differently, on and on it went. I finally found Dr. Chatrath, I explained to him my years of frustration. He explained that this wasn't normal, had my kidneys x-rayed, saw that my right kidney atrophied from all of the infections and told me to find a urologist. The urologist discovered that I had bent ureturs and that the fluid from my kidney/bladder was not completely expelled. I had to have surgery, but will more than likely need dialysis. I wish those other doctors were as thorough as Dr. Chatrath.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I love Dr Chatrath, and Anne..they are always wonderful to me and very knowledgible. I have never had a problem, Ive been seeing him for over 7 years..Do not have to wait long to get in at all..I wouldnt switch..he knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Doctor was wonderful, very kind and considerate of me and my needs. I suddenly was without insurance and the doctor discounted my visit and was able to give me the medication I needed through samples so that the prescription itself would not be a financial strain. Thank you Dr. Chatrath!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

very bad doctor very rude staff. lazy pill and street doctor would not recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted September 13, 2006

Dr. Kapel Chatrath's Credentials

• Med Coll, Guru Nanak Dev Univ, Amritsar, Punjab, India (Grad. 1986)