Ratings for Alan Gutkin

Dr. Gutkin really helped me when I needed it most. I felt a connection right away, He was very empathetic and genuine. He understood me completely. I recommend him to all my family, friends, and coworkers when they have problems in their lives.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2019

He is amazing. For someone with as many issues as I had he has been so helpful.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2019

Failed to identify a spouse with likely severe Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Failed to be supportive of wife who wanted this spouse to move out. Easily manipulated by the abusive husband. Made things far worse for emotionally and sexually abused wife. Shouldn't be counseling women who have experienced trauma.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Dr Gutkin helped me deal with my difficult situation. He helped me develop my coping skills.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Was very helpful in guiding us to deal with conflict in our relationship in a positive and effective way. Alan zeroed in quickly to the issues and cut to the chase in giving us practical solutions and ways of seeing our situation that was more realistic and helped us to come together to appreciate each other and understand each other’s needs. We always left our sessions feeling affirmed and confident in our future together.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Very understanding and compassionate. Really helped me through a dark time in my life, I probably wouldn't be here if it weren't for him. His insights changed the way I looked at my life and I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Never have I met a less helpful, less caring individual. The only thing he is able to clearly communicate with patients is that his rates have gone up. If you're in crisis, or even if you're not, Dr. Gutkin is liable to actually make things worse .... go to a hospital, priest, imam, friend, anyone but this doctor if you are struggling.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I went to him a few years ago and he helped me immensely. He helped me see myself more clearly and how to make better decisions.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015