Ratings for Dr. Neil M. Sperling

As a professional musician and composer, Dr. Sperling saved my life and my career. When diagnosed with otosclerosis, I was devastated. But Dr. Sperling and the entire staff were exceptional. I couldn't have asked for a better team aware of how emotional and difficult this was for me. All musicians -- and anyone with hearing loss, should be a patient of Dr. Sperling.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I wish I had known about Dr. Sperling 2 years ago. I wasted my time going to the top specialist in Boston and another in NYC (or so they said). I had otosclerosis which is a buildup of calcium on my stapes bone leading to hearing loss in my left ear. Those previous two specialists were discouraging, emphasized side effects saying they didn’t see as many cases of otosclerosis anymore since the measles vaccine has decreased the number who get it. I googled and only those 2 came up initally as top specialists. Finally discouraged I searched again and found Dr. Neil Sperling last Fall 2016. I could have saved a lot of time and worry if I had known about him. He wrote the textbook on Stapedectomy surgery for otosclerosis and does research in this area. He was professional, caring and listened carefully. I could not possibly have asked for a better doctor. He then told me he does this surgery multiple times a week and had some previous patients of his call me. He and they were great. I live in RI but it was well worth the trip to NYC for the consult and surgery! I had the surgery October 21, 2016 and he restored my hearing! I am so relieved and so very thankful that I found him. His office was great and I never had to wait more than 15 minutes. Please share this review so others won’t have to go through the search and worry process that I did. Ann Kelley

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Sperling is Wonderful. He performed 2 Stapedoctomy surgery, one on each ear. He is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to answer all my questions. I recommend him highly. The office staff and surgery coordinator, Maggie Sachson are very helpful and extremely pleasant to to speak with. They helped to guide me and answer any questions pre/post my surgeries.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Life Changing! Due to Otosclerosis I have worn hearing aids over 15 years. During that time I went from a mild loss to a severe loss. In June, 2015 Dr. Sperling performed a stapedoctomy on my left ear. The results are amazing having gotten back about 90% of my hearing. Dr, Sperling's skill as a surgeon are matched by his compassion and reassuring manner. Although he's done this procedure countless times, I never felt like just a number. The initial consultation, sitting with me a few minutes before the operation, and personally calling me the day after all proved his dedication and care for his patients. I highly recommend Dr, Sperling and his team and look forward to having the same experience with my right ear in September.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr. Sperling performed a Stapedoctomy to treat my Otosclerosis. He made me feel at ease since my first consultation with him. He explained my condition thoroughly and even showed me a power point presentation. On the day of the surgery he met with me right before the surgery to see if I had any questions and just sat by my side for a few minutes, which was very comforting. Once the Surgery was completed he took the time to go to a different floor to find my wife to let her know that everything went well. The day after the surgery he called me himself to see how I was feeling. On top of this great experience I was able to hear again!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

THE BEST. COULD NOT OF ASKED FOR A MORE COMPETENT AND WONDERFUL SURGEON..DR NEIL SPERLING IS AMAZING. I LOST NINETY PERCENT OF MY HEARING IN BOTH EARS. I COULD NOT FIND A DOCTOR WHO I THOUGHT COULD DO THIS VERY DELICATE SURGERY. THEN I HEARD ABOUT DR. SPERLING AND I KNOW FROM JUST MEETING HIM HE WOUD BE THE ONLY ONE TO OPERATE ON ME. I AM SO GRATEFUL I HAVE MY HEARING BACK IN BOTH EARS. HIS BEDSIDE MANNER ALLOWS YOU FEEL LIKE A PERSON RATHER THAN A NUMBER. I RECOMMEND DR NEIL SPERLING TO ANYONE WHO HAS AN EAR PROBLEM. I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT I MUST REPEAT MYSELF BY SAYING THERE ISN'T ANOTHER DR WHO IS AS BRILLIANT AND NICE AS DR. SPERLING. MELISSA MATRONE

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable, compassionate & took the time to answer all my questions. Very helpful & gave me printed suggestions to use at home. He couldn't have been more understanding of my vertigo problems & helpful to me. Trust him and recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I have had hearing problems since I was 2 years old (5 operations) and have met with many ENT's and middle ear specialists over the years. I found Dr. Sperling to be very knowlegable, patient, with a strong desire to help correct my hearing loss. He have me multiple options with detailed information so I could make an informed decsion on my next treatment option. I highly recommend Dr. Sperling.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

He is so knowledgable, and I know that I am in very good hands with him. I trust his judgment and recommendations. He is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Dr. Sperling is exceptional. I feel very blessed to have been recommended him by my audiologist. He is the kind of Doctor that I believe became a Doctor because he genuinely cares and wants to make a difference, not because of money. He is respectful, caring, very professional and I felt so safe with him doing the surgery, and, recommending that I do the surgery in the first place, after listening to my story. The kindest, most respectful and genuine Dr I have met. He changed my life and I would highly recommend him. AN exceptional doctor

flag | Submitted January 22, 2011

Dr. Neil M. Sperling's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1985)

Healthnet