Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Kahan

Dr. Kahan is a wonderful,educated, caring doctor. His staff is kind and very helpful. I have been seeing him for about 3 years. He has improved my quality of life emensley.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

My general experience has been the ones that have rated him well had legit pain; the ones that gave him poor ratings, well......they didn't get their Xannies or percs like they intended on getting.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr Kahan was a very caring physician during my spinal cord stimulator trial. He couldn't do enough for me and went out of his way to reprogram and try to get things "just right". After it was implanted, things changed drastically. I guess he got his fee from the company and no longer expressed an interest in my well being. I didn't like having follow up visits with his PA because I have an extensive health history and always had to start at square one to explain things. After a visit with Dr Kahan I specifically asked him if I could have my follow up with him. He told me "I am too busy for that". After having seen him for several years I felt that was a very cold response considering my follow up visits lasted 10 minutes or less. I finally left the practice after he ignored my surgeon's request to give me 1 spinal injection. Dr Kahan insisted on giving me 2 even after we discussed it before the procedure. He gave me the shot my surgeon did not want me to have first. I was in such need of pain relief I had no choice but to stay and get the second shot - the one requested by my surgeon and very much needed. I have never felt so violated in my life. It especially stung because this was a doctor who I really thought was concerned about my well being just months before. Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Xanax. And that was just half a milligram! It also increased concentration: words flowed freely onto my keyboard, absent the usual wrenching procrastination which we all know comes from fear of failure. Had I taken I Xanax, I imagine I would have slept for the next nine hours instead. Which is the best for you: Adderall or benzos like Klonopin? It all comes down to your personality type. For anxiety-prone people, benzos quiet the mind, shushing the paralyzing background noise and leaving you to do your work unmolested. Of these, Klonopin gives the smoother ride. As the departed Gawker/Jezebel editor Moe so succinctly put it: "Writing on drugs is my drug." 5 94Reply You could go to the cure center I think they have 19 locations that do unnecessary procedures and they'll definitely have a cure for the money in your wallet because they'll be none. I've been to three other pain practices I've seen three of the top surgeons all they did was want me to get a shot or an epidural and send me home. i've been on oxycodone and OxyContin for years and found no real pain relief and remember I've been to five pain management places seen five different surgeons , Dr. Kahan did a test the first time I was there and found out my drug metabolism enzymes were Novel in short that means the OxyContin and the oxycodone do not work with me because my body did not metabolize them so after all the surgeons I'd seen and other pain management places and nobody found this out but he did on the first time I was there so if you're looking for a pain management specialist I highly recommend Brian Kahan and his very friendly office staff

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Brian Kahan is the worst Doctor I have ever met in my life he has no bed side manner and even cursed at his staff member in front of me. He is a total JERK stay away!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

During the procedure, I heard the doctor and his female assistant giggling. It made me very uncomfortable since neither one of them actually said anything. Then he started the steroid shot before checking if I was numb, and I practically jumped to the ceiling. During this entire meningitis scare, I have not heard one word from him. I had to call several times to find out if the medicine he used was safe. The first time I called his office, they did not know anything about the meningitis scare. I had to tell THEM about it. The last appt. I had, i waited almost 2 hrs. Stay away.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

This was the best dr. And all of his office stafe was very kind. I went into his office in excruciating pain and dr kahan new I vas in a lot of pain and he fit me in the very next day to make sure I could start to get so releaf. They when I went back for my follow up and saw Kim, who was outstanding very friendly and just talked to me like she knew me for years. I also liked that it was not all about oh let me give you a pain pill and send you on your way, if i wanted a bandaid i can get one of them my self i wanted my pain fixed an after only a few visits and im almost pain free with out pain pills.All I must say before you believe what some other people put you should try there office for your self eveyone has a different sight on people. This office has been one of the best that I have been to in a long time. Dr. Kahan your the best..:)

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

Stay away unless you think your odds are better than everyone else. I cannot believe what i experienced over a two year period. He does not deserve to treat me and it's my fault for not leaving sooner. If i could only explain each event in detail. My quarrels are not biased and without education or based on drug addiction one sided or opinionated. They are extremely fair and please listen when i say "Stay Away" They treat you horribly and based on what i see there is a 70% chance you will experience negative results. The doctor is extremely forgetful and only worried about efficiency and has the staff whooped into his methodology. If he was a good doctor you would not see so many bad reviews. LISTEN to what you are reading. Statistics do not lie. Most people do not care enough to post an opinion. I've never posted one myself however i truly feel obligated to do so. Annapolis is frustrated.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

Dr. Kahan is very nice so he makes you feel comfortable. That's the positive. The big negative is that most visits you see his Physician's Assistant and it seems as if they simply try one procedure after another without really listening or examining. I've been in extreme pain for way too many months and undergone five procedures without pain relief. I'm very disappointed and discouraged.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

All Dr. Kahan wants to do is inject you. That's how he makes his $$$. If you don't agree to injections he won't see you, and pawns you off on his PA. He can be a real jerk.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Dr. Brian S. Kahan's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal