Dr. Quinton Chivers

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Quinton Chivers

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Chives last year. He did abdominal plastic surgery on me,the results are amazing. I have absolutely no complaints. He is highly professional, knowledgeable and has the best bedside manners I've seen in a doctor. Would highly recommend Dr. Quinton Chivers to satisfy your plastic surgery needs. Overall, I give him ☆☆☆☆☆

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Chivers a true, honest professional! In the past two years I was searching for the perfect doctor in the overwhelming cosmetic plastic surgery realm. With endless searches, reviews and numerous consultation's with different doctors, I decided to go with Dr. Chivers. I was not disappointed with my gut instinct. What made Dr. Chivers stand out from the many other places that I visited, was the patience and understanding he gave me, with no pressure to comit to anything on the spot. I was really torn between the varieties of implants offered, what would suite my body and shape and ultimately what would be the final look that would make me happy. He gave me his full undevided attention, listened to what my needs and wants were. The day of surgery was not what I expected, I was extremely nervous and worried, but Dr. Chivers with his calm manner put me at ease. The recovery was much faster than expected and with several months now that have passed since my surgery, I can not express how happy and thrilled I am with my final results. Dr. Chivers thank you for giving me the confidence and the body I have always desired!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Early this year my family physician advised me to use night splints to counteract tingling and numbness complaints in both of my hands. After approximately 6 months of using these splints there was a follow up visit to a plastic surgeon and neurology doctor who diagnosed my problem as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). A date was set for a so-called open surgery, commonly done in Ontario, to alleviate this problem. Since I was unaware what this really meant I used the internet for clarification of this disease. By doing so I stumbled on the Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release (ECTR), which is an operative method replacing the open surgery. ECTR is less invasive and safer than the open method with a lower recovery time. I decided to search for a doctor in Toronto for a consultation and contacted several plastic surgeon’s offices practising in CTS operations to no avail. My family physician advised me that a patient of his travelled to Montreal to have this procedure done and my searches led me to believe that such a surgeon did not exist in Toronto. Sometime afterwards I received an email out of the blue from Melissa, secretary to Dr. Quinton Chivers, advising me that Dr. Chivers has extensive experience in ECTR procedures. A date for a consultation was set during which I was very impressed by his knowledge, enthusiasm and very friendly attitude. The waiting time for an operation was a mere 4-6 weeks not these long times of 2-6 months quoted by the other plastic surgeon. Dr. Chivers’ practice is located at the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital in Scarborough, a well organized hospital with a very pleasant and competent staff. Dr. Chivers is a caring and extremely professional doctor. Immediately after the surgery he spoke to my wife to give her all the essential information, gave me a phone call 3 days after surgery at my home to inquire if I experienced any pain or discomfort. If you are looking for a ECTR procedure, Dr. Chivers and the Rouge Valley Centenary Hospital come highly recommended. Dr. Chivers is likely the only plastic surgeon with extensive experience in ECTR in the Toronto area and maybe even in the whole of Ontario.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Very happy with the way this doctor treated our grandmother who had a cancer in her neck. Dr Chivers treated her so kindly throughout her entire treatment process. He explained everything to us and did an incredible job removing the cancer. Great doctor Thank you and blessings.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

From start to finish my breast augmentation has been superb. Dr Chivers is very approachable and professional. He is also a very talented surgeon, I could not have wished for better results. Furthermore, his staff were also very encouraging and friendly. I would thoroughly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

I recently had breast augmentation performed by Dr. Chivers and have been extremely pleased with the results. I had a wonderful experience from start to finish at their beautiful new facility. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and I firmly believe I selected the BEST plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr Chivers is very kind, thorough and caring. His precision and technique are evident in minimal scarring experienced and superb results :) Definitely would recommend Dr. Chivers to anyone in Toronto looking for a very professional and skilled plastic surgeon who creates the desired results!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Just writing this in support of Dr Chivers as I wait in the waiting room with my daughter in Vaughn and in case this can be of assistance to anyone seeking specialized hand or wrist care. As an anesthetist my surgical colleagues and I are currently aware of fewer than a half a dozen wrist specialists with the skill to perform vascularized scaphoid grafts for scaphoid nonunions across the county. My daughter was unfortunately treated unsuccessfully in a cast and subsequently with fixation by orthopaedic surgery resulting in a nonunion after 12 months following a fall snowboarding. The Toronto Western is the only other referral centre for such conditions within the GTA however wait times because of this are almost 2 years at which point it would have been much too late and the scaphoid would have been no more. In general wait times anywhere within the UHN are becoming prohibitively long and because of this many are also finding doctors there to occasionally be somewhat rushed. Dr Chivers came highly recommended from my surgical colleagues and ultimately did not disappoint. As several of these reviews point out has excellent bedside manner and puts even the most reluctant of patients at ease such as my daughter. It has been 6 months now since her scaphoid graft and its successful union. Her wrist is functioning near normally with minimal discomfort. Thanking you and definely worth the wait- E.H.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I don't read much into these sites particularly when people are motivated financially... All I will tell you is this doctor truly goes far further out of his way than any doctor I have met in the past. This doctor came this weekend he was not on call and helped to save my mothers leg. She was involved in a car accident resulting in a severe injury requiring reconstruction. Dr Chivers explained everything to be expected before and after surgery. He updated us after surgery and my mothers leg will be saved because of him. This Doctor is very very good and I we are all incredibly grateful to him. Thank you Dr Chivers for all that you do. May you continue to remain as positive a person as you are and continue to help those around you with your abilities.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Such a wonderful and kind young doctor. Our child was born with extra fingers, Dr Chivers explained everything to us in language we could understand. Our little angel has now perfectly functioning hands thanks to the skill and love in his.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Quinton Chivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Quinton Chivers is a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada board-certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in Toronto and Richmond Hill. He is the Acting Chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for Centenary Hospital in Toronto, Physician Major and designated plastic surgeon for the Canadian Armed Forces and the Medical Director of the Canadian Plastic Surgery Centre. Dr. Chivers has extensive experience in upper extremity surgery, peripheral nerve and traumatic and oncoplastic microsurgical reconstruction, as well as cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures. As a member of various leading professional associations, he combines his wealth of experience in reconstructive and cosmetic techniques with genuine patient care and compassion and has built a solid reputation as a highly skilled and sought-after surgeon amongst patients and colleagues alike. The recipient of many academic awards and research grants, Dr. Chivers has also authored and co-authored numerous scientific publications in Canadian and American Journals of Plastic Surgery and continues to present at hospitals, universities and annual meetings of his professional associations.

• English