Ratings for Dr. Quinton Chivers

I recently had breast augmentation performed by Dr. Chivers and have been extremely pleased with the results. I had a wonderful experience from start to finish at their beautiful new facility. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable and I firmly believe I selected the BEST plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr Chivers is very kind, thorough and caring. His precision and technique are evident in minimal scarring experienced and superb results :) Definitely would recommend Dr. Chivers to anyone in Toronto looking for a very professional and skilled plastic surgeon who creates the desired results!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Just writing this in support of Dr Chivers as I wait in the waiting room with my daughter in Vaughn and in case this can be of assistance to anyone seeking specialized hand or wrist care. As an anesthetist my surgical colleagues and I are currently aware of fewer than a half a dozen wrist specialists with the skill to perform vascularized scaphoid grafts for scaphoid nonunions across the county. My daughter was unfortunately treated unsuccessfully in a cast and subsequently with fixation by orthopaedic surgery resulting in a nonunion after 12 months following a fall snowboarding. The Toronto Western is the only other referral centre for such conditions within the GTA however wait times because of this are almost 2 years at which point it would have been much too late and the scaphoid would have been no more. In general wait times anywhere within the UHN are becoming prohibitively long and because of this many are also finding doctors there to occasionally be somewhat rushed. Dr Chivers came highly recommended from my surgical colleagues and ultimately did not disappoint. As several of these reviews point out has excellent bedside manner and puts even the most reluctant of patients at ease such as my daughter. It has been 6 months now since her scaphoid graft and its successful union. Her wrist is functioning near normally with minimal discomfort. Thanking you and definely worth the wait- E.H.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I don't read much into these sites particularly when people are motivated financially... All I will tell you is this doctor truly goes far further out of his way than any doctor I have met in the past. This doctor came this weekend he was not on call and helped to save my mothers leg. She was involved in a car accident resulting in a severe injury requiring reconstruction. Dr Chivers explained everything to be expected before and after surgery. He updated us after surgery and my mothers leg will be saved because of him. This Doctor is very very good and I we are all incredibly grateful to him. Thank you Dr Chivers for all that you do. May you continue to remain as positive a person as you are and continue to help those around you with your abilities.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Such a wonderful and kind young doctor. Our child was born with extra fingers, Dr Chivers explained everything to us in language we could understand. Our little angel has now perfectly functioning hands thanks to the skill and love in his.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Went to visit a few surgens and Chivers was absolutely the best!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Tummy tuck after weight loss and pregnancy. I had my belly flattened, muscles tightened, and a bit of lipo on the sides. Very happy w results. Had no hesitations to send my friends to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. Chivers performed a breast augmentation on me two months ago and I am thrilled with the results. I had wanted a breast augmentation for a very long time. A friend had her breast augmentation with Dr. Chivers and highly recommended him. She showed me the scar under her breast. It was by the far the smallest incision I had ever seen in breast implants and was pretty much invisible. On top of that, the breast shape was perfect. I met Dr. Chivers for my consultation was truly impressed with him. He is a remarkable person and so smart and well-educated. He has done so much in his life...truly an impressive doctor! When you meet him, you can tell that he is very confident in his abilities, but he is also not arrogant at all and really takes his time and answers all your questions. I felt so comfortable with him and I immediately knew this was my surgeon. My surgery day went perfect and after the surgery, Melissa, his nurse calls to check up on you. I am two months out from surgery and my breasts have perfect shape and I cannot see the incision at all...it is that small! I recommend Dr. Chivers at the highest level possible! Wonderful bedside manner and incredibly talented surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

​ I had a breast augmentation with Dr Chivers In January and could not be happier with my results - he did a fabulous job on my breasts. Dr. Chivers was great - very professional - but also funny and puts you at ease. He has a very casual and calm way about him! His Nurse, Melissa helped me with my sizing and was always available for questions that I had. I'd highly recommend Dr. Chivers to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I have had several procedures done by Dr. Chivers and would recommend him highly! My first visit was for a minor ohip procedure, and he was so kind and caring that when I decided to have some cosmetic work done. I knew I wanted him to do it. One of his great strengths is that he will always be honest with a patient. If he does not think you will benefit from a procedure he will tell you so. I think sometimes people don't accept the truth very well. I had a combination tummy and breast surgery which went beautifully. The results are more than I could have hoped. He and his staff took very good care of me, and the recovery was made so much easier by all of their kind attention.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Quinton Chivers's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Quinton Chivers is a Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada board-certified Plastic Surgeon specializing in plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in Toronto and Richmond Hill. He is the Acting Chief of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for Centenary Hospital in Toronto, Physician Major and designated plastic surgeon for the Canadian Armed Forces and the Medical Director of the Canadian Plastic Surgery Centre. Dr. Chivers has extensive experience in upper extremity surgery, peripheral nerve and traumatic and oncoplastic microsurgical reconstruction, as well as cosmetic surgical and non-surgical procedures. As a member of various leading professional associations, he combines his wealth of experience in reconstructive and cosmetic techniques with genuine patient care and compassion and has built a solid reputation as a highly skilled and sought-after surgeon amongst patients and colleagues alike. The recipient of many academic awards and research grants, Dr. Chivers has also authored and co-authored numerous scientific publications in Canadian and American Journals of Plastic Surgery and continues to present at hospitals, universities and annual meetings of his professional associations.

• English