Ratings for Dr. Marilee Sigal

She's currently being investigated for unprofessional practices. Do not waste your money on this person.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Marilee is incredibly helpful. She is balanced, listens to both sides, doesn't play favourites and definitely doesn't pander. She definitely is straightforward, but when you're in a critical moment with your relationship you shouldn't want anything other than honest opinion. Marilee helped us save our marriage by being systematic and honest. The naysayers here are probably the kind of people who get offended when they are confronted. However, if you're serious about getting support, then Marilee is an absolutely excellent choice.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Marilee was unhelpful. As a therapist she is ineffectual. She doesn't listen; she's impatient and she's RUDE. If you value your relationship, just don't see her. It's that simple. Horrible unprofessional manner.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I found Marilee's rates are grossly inflated for her professional approach and demeanor. She is quick to respond with a rude tone, and I wouldn't see her again.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Do NOT seek help from this woman. She is rude, judgemental, unethical, and a thief. In my opinion, she grossly overcharged my husband and I, sought to divide us, then when she had taken a turn with each of us privately- defaming one to the other and encouraging separation, she had the nerve to say she didn't want to see us. She took (stole) almost $1000 from us in one week. We trusted her, but like a bad storm she left a wake of damage and then left us to clean up the mess. My husband and I worked out our differences, no thanks to her, but it was harder because we sought her help. If you value your marriage, stay FAR away from this woman. She also breeched my confidentiality and contacted my individual counsellor without my consent. My husband and I have filed a formal complaint against her with her professional organization, the case is currently under investigation.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

She might know a lot but is ineffectual, impatient, and even rude. I didn't have a good experience and do NOT recommend her. Patience and actually listening before speaking, on the part of the therapist, will go a long way. I felt she was disrespectful towards me.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Marilee was so helpful throughout my depression, trauma and relationship issues. She's warm and fuzzy when you need that, and firm when you need that. I would absolutely recommend her! Just the best!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Merilee no doubt, in theory "knows her stuff", but as a therapist she is mediocre and was unhelpful. I found her impatient and that she didn't really listen.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Marilee saved my relationship. She helped me and my partner discover why we behaved the way we did, and how this lead to our destructive relationships. I am a much better person to everyone now including myself and I owe it to Marilee. I am sooooo happy we found her. She is amazing, you should count yourself lucky to get a session with her.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Wonderful experience. I went to see Marilee because I couldn't think my way through a personal relationship issue - I was sad, frustrated and a bit confused. when I met with her, it felt like the goal of the sessions was to make me sufficient and able to think through my own issues (not to keep me dependent on counseling). Her insights are short and to the point, and she has many reading materials to suggest. The sessions helped me find solutions to the problem, and also better equipped me to deal with other issues in the present. I would recommend Marilee to anyone without hesitation.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013