Ratings for Dr. Boelle Kirby, Retired

Boelle was unhelpful. Initially she appears "nice" and "sweet", and "coo's" but is actually quite judgemental - it has to be HER way, HER view of God, and HER opinions ALWAYS. Any question voiced is silenced - "find yourself another counsellor". She seems to look only for any type of abuse - "I'm a specialist in the trauma of abuse". This is correct in that she creates trauma in the client. She is ineffectual and quite emotional.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I went to this counselor for many years to do with family of origin issues. She was an excellent counselor that help with a plan of action. She helped me to see life differently. I would recommend her to anyone that wants their past and Christian relationship with God to be healthy. Regarding the ritual abuse people that she counseled then no longer saw. I don't blame her that is a safetly issue for her and she has the right to refuse clients if she or her home is felt unsafe for her. Regarding her couselling skills and her personality she is excellent and very kind.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

She was convinced I had been sexually abused even though I had said nothing to indicate this and had absolutely NO recollection of this. I went to her for something else entirely. When I questioned this, she was very angry and dumped me, amid her tears and anger. It was VERY upsetting and it took a lot of work, time, money, and therapy with another true professional to work through this. She is dangerous and caused much harm to me.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I loved her but she 'diagnosed' myself and a few others at the same time as ritual abuse survivors. Very traumatic, turned our worlds upside down, then ditched several of us at the same time, no notice, nothing. She felt 'unsafe' with us. And how did we feel? I spent a fortune trying to recover from this false mess, and her abrupt 'firing' of all her supposed ritual abuse survivors didn't help. It took years to try to get back to some kind of normal, but I'm not even close and never will be. She is dangerous and in the wrong profession.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

An ineffective counselor who was judgemental and was unable to hear a client's question. There was no collaborating and she didn't allow input from me. A sad and frustrating experience.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

A very bad experience with Boelle. She follows her own "plan" and a client cannot deviate from this. There is no room to discuss a difference of opinion or viewpoint with her. She is strictly a "it's my way or the highway" type of counsellor. Incorporates a lot of strict fundy book viewpoints in the sessions. Might be helpful for clients of this particular viewpoint only.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Listened but that's all. She couldn't offer any suggestions and was unhelpful to the point of being harmful. She was a bit high-strung and rather controlling as well.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

VERY judgmental and intrusive. Subscribes to an extremely narrow and rigid religious belief system. She is strictly a "it's my way or the highway" type and she didn't hesitate to let me know in no uncertain terms. Insensitive to me in my distress. She deeply traumatized me with her "therapy". She talks more about herself and others than listens.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013