Ratings for Dr. Shafeeq Alraqi

Worst excuse for a foctor. Given disgnoses if excludion before excluding anything. Told me i had brain fog and couldnt remember that i had bloodtests done due to fibromyalgia. I had had no blood tests done as i asked his receptionist for. Larity neither do i have fibromyalgia. On top of that he said to keep my diagnosis under my hat as no would would understand!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I don't want to give any stars. Nothing. This doctor, if you can even call him such a thing, deserves to be reported. He missed a serious illness and gaslighted me in the most horrendous fashion. Did not examine me once. Did not get bloods once even though i repeatedly asked for his help , he clearly had no plan in place and prescribed sunglasses for a life-threatening condition. Did not listen to me. Did not take me seriously. Did not look at my blood tests or actually listen to my massive list of symptoms. I paid a lot of money to see him. He said I would never get better and that I needed to accept that. It made me have a complete breakdown. Told me to come back every 2 months for 2 years and he would get me 90% better. A clear cash grab. Had no plan in place, no diagnosis. Didn't test. Didn't listen. I just needed the right doctor to correctly diagnose me and treat me. This is the worst treatment with severe consequences. I ended up hospitalised with pneumonia and meningitis and nearly dying. Thank you for ripping me off and telling me I will have to accept it. NO. ABSOLUTE BS. I have now gotten the right diagnose. Chronic lyme disease and I am slowly healing. He is the worst. Don't go to him. EVER.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Did not check notes, ignored results of a scan that were related to family history. Did not update system with those notes for further tests. On last visit the issue had worsened and he put me on medication with no explanation of what it did and the side effects were severe. The pain had increased in one area and no further scan was arranged. He gave me 6 steroid injections in one area in a short space of time even though they were not working and the MRI was clear. He did not seem to take accurate notes of where the injections were. He appeared not to listen or take interest. I was upset after the last visit and am considering a complaint.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I found Dr Alraqi extremely capable, helpful and efficient. Have visited him several times and I have had no reaccurrance of my medical problem. Sylvia

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Unbelievable and not in a good way. This man seems to have a thing about fibromyalgia! Very interesting to see other comment below on incorrect management. I attended an appointment today and found his knowledge to be weak and his personality and approach extremely unprofessional. He makes sweeping assumptions in the absence of up to date medical history and reports. He went as a far as undiagnosing something (not his area) based on a conversation he had with collegue 5 years ago! He failed to look at notes showing positive Lumbar puncture and again did nothing for the management and pain caused by arthritis (his area)!! He had a patient in front of him and completely ignored and dismissed the presence and level of pain being experienced. Complaint made, would not recommend!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Attended to Dr Alraqi a number of years ago, was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia on his opinion and Lyrica was suggested. I didn't pursue this path - My GP diagnosed me with Anxiety/Depression which i was treated for about a year using SNRI and CBT and in the process making a full recovery. In my case at the time what i needed was for a Doctor to probe and explore if possible emotional problems were a cause of my pain and stress which turned out to be the case.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013