Ratings for Dr. Intesar Hussain

Hello, I made an appointment with this office and they said it would take about two weeks to get an appointment. I have not had insurance for over ten years and I have just acquired it through my job so I thought I would go get my back checked out as it has been bothering me extremely badly for the past couple of weeks. I made an appointment and called the day before to confirm my appointment. They made me wait two weeks for treatment just to tell me the day before that they could not see me as I did not have a referral. The lady on the phones name was Abby. She was semi-pleasant the first time I talked to her, when I called to confirm my appointment she was rude and abrasive. When I called the first time they treated me like I was some drug addict looking for a fix just because I asked for an appointment at a pain clinic. First thing they told me when I called the first time is that they do not give out pain medications and only do nerve block injections at this clinic. I told them very specifically I would PREFER to not at all be prescribed any pain medications if possible and I wanted to fix the problem permanently not just have it masked by drugs. At this point they started treating me like a human being and not just scum. I understand they have to screen people but this is just mean spirited. When I had the second conversation, all of a sudden they said they do not take patients without a referral and could not see me. All of this would have been fine if they had told me two weeks ago, but they told me I had an appointment and everything was set to come and get a consultation. I cannot get around too well now a days and had made arrangements and called in favors just to get a ride to this office. Now I have no idea what I am going to do as I will probably have to wait another two weeks to get an appointment somewhere else and most likely will not even be able to get a ride. These people are dishonest, rude and above all don't seem to care about peoples well being. All I was trying to do was reach out to a doctor and get a severe pain issue fixed through surgery or pain block shots, even just a consultation with a pain doctor to get some advice on what I could do to help myself without a doctors intervention. This is not a place you want to visit if this is how they treat their patients.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Intesar Hussain's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 2006)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal