Dr. Joti Samra

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joti Samra

There are far more qualified psychologists and psycho therapy professionals than Joti Samra. Her entire profile is being a "Marketing Tool" like some sort of "Barbie Psychologist" . Public Institutions like Universities and Health Care systems use Joti Samra to draw in crowds and attention. Joti Santa's public divorce to a Punjabi-Sikh man then common-law/husband being a white man had her "rank" greatly heighten among Public Health like the Vancouver Coastal Health and where racism is rampant, like Alberta, where she was revered and pushed up the latter. She didn't get on the Oprah Channel representing East Indian or Punjabi-Sikhs - nope! In fact, the more she distanced herself from Punjabi-Sikh communities, the further she got career wise. In the mean time, from the 1990s to today, Vancouver Coastal Health and Alberta based Health systems have tried to limit and decapitate Punjabi-Sikh men and misogyny rampant on the women, I have seen and experienced racism and torment as a Punjabi-Sikh patient. Being a man of that community for over 20 years I've seen the rise of ethnic diversity encouraged only among the women, often seen those women who like Joti, distanced themselves from the community, leave their male Punjabi-Sikh male partners for white men, pushed up the career latter to higher credibility. Vancouver Coastal Health, BC Health an from what it appears, Alberta and the rest of Canadian Health allow ethnic diversity to be among the females only – from medical school to anywhere in public health. I think, Dr. Joti Samra couldn’t have made it half way where she is had she actually stood up for Punjabi Sikh Males. Dr. Joti Samra is a Marketing Barbie and a fake.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Dr. Samra is wonderful. She is genuine but most of all realistic. We set goals and am held accountable for making those happen. I would recommend her or anyone on her team without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Samra is one of a kind. I've been to several counsellors over years and have not found them helpful outside of just being an ear to listen. Joti has a laser accurate sense (due to years of experience with clients and years of research) as to what drives a person, and the behaviours that get in their way. This finely tuned ability combined with her intuitive people skills make her an exceptional psychologist who is able to compassionately and enthusiastically guide clients towards a more fulfilling life. I feel very lucky to have gotten a space with her, and encourage anyone who needs help to do so as well.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dr. Samra is not only insightful but genuine!!! I finally feel whole again and I can truly accredit that in part to her.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I strongly recommend Dr Samra. She has been nothing short of amazing. She's very knowledgeable and strives to equip you with the skills needed to move forward.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Samra is amazing! she stands above all other therapist I have ever seen. Each session is growth for me. Her approach and method is excellent. She is very knowledgeable, professional and cares for the well-being of her clients. I highly recommend Dr. Samra.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Samra is extremely knowledgeable and professional. Her approach promotes a sense of comfort while providing guidance through difficult emotions.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr Samra is a blessing. She helps you manage and overcome your challenges. She approaches the 'healing' in the matter that works best for YOU. She has vast knowledge. She Is understanding, professional and sincerely interested in your growth. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Samra since 2013 for depression, anxiety and BPS. She has helped me tremendously and I can honestly say that I wouldn't be where I am today without her. She gives you all the tools to help yourself, which is exactly what I was looking for in my psychologist. I am now well adjusted to my new life, depression free and my anxiety is much better. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr Samra.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Samra since January 2017 for anxiety, OCD and eating issues. She is caring, respectful, positive, energetic, compassionate, intelligent and a careful listener. She puts you at ease so it is easy to open up to her. She doesn't just give you tools that therapists learn in training, but really listens and comes up with insightful suggestions to really fit the individual's problem areas - so you feel like she is completely present for your situation and COLLABORATIVELY tailors things specifically for you, while at the same time using evidence based approaches. In addition to being so helpful with anxiety issues, Dr. Samra seems to have a deep understanding of human relationships. I would not hesitate to recommend her - you are in good, honest, expert hands!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017