Ratings for Dr. Kevin Yoong

Currently writing a report for the College Of Physicians and the the Toronto Star. Very ill for nine months. And in pain. Found errors is reports. Failure to read or take action with important results. Had me listed as having a hysterectomy. Wrong. Original report lost twice and was recopied. I may now have to have my ovary removed. Because I have been so ill he tells me to go to the hospital. Tried three times to be admitted. The hospital tells me to go the Dr. Extreme pain for nine months. To sick to get to the Albany Clinic for a Prolia needle. My druggist did not know if I could get this close to home. Suggested I call the Dr. Spoke to his receptionist who had him on the line. He said I had to come to the clinic for the needle and if I am to sick . CALL AN AMBULANCE. I had my needle late as sick as I was I got there. The nurse who gave me the needle said I could have had it close to home. I am currently writing my story for the College Of Physicians and the Toronto Star. No person should have endured the pain, and anxiety this illness has caused me. The off ice finally corrected the hysterectomy error on the computer after telling them twice. I beg you get copies of every report and diagnosis. My son was told report had nothing serious or Inwould be contacted just see the spec. Spec said Ovary not his area. One month gone by. The Dr had this report. Got my own gynacologist. Stay tuned for more.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Yoong is caring, knowledgeable, and compassionate. He listens and takes the time to outline all of your options so that you feel like you can make an informed decision. He has always been very thorough with me and I always come out of his office feeling relieved and like I am in good hands. I usually have to wait 40 minutes to see him but I would rather wait and see him than to see any other doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I find that Dr. Kevin Yoong is not knowledgeable in diagnosing or issuing the right medication. He talks on and on about the same thing without answering my question. I have had to pay a lot of money for medication and it turned out I didn't have what the doctor claim what the problem was. What a waste and I didn't even have insurance at the time. It is impossible to get an appointment with it. I have had to wait months before seeing him. I have decided to switch doctors.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Dr Yoong was the doctor we found for my daughter when she was first born since my family doctor doesn't accept children in his practice. Although Dr Yoong is a very nice guy, I was not impressed with him as a doctor. He keeps patients waiting for long periods of time, averaging about 40mins-1hour; not great for children! Also, it was impossible to book appointments with him when my daughter was actually sick. When we first met he said if we ever needed an appointment it would be easy to procure, not so! Twice my daughter had croup this past winter and both times we ended up going to the pediatric walk-in bc I was unable to get an appointment; when I tried to book a follow-up appointment with Dr Yoong the earliest I could get was a month away, unacceptable when you have little children. Also, he would chat on and on about the same thing without really being helpful, probably which adds to his wait-times. We've since had our second child and found a pediatrician that we are much happier with, he's punctual (always on time!) and has same day appointments available for when children are sick which is a must of you ask me!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr.Yoong is a nice guy and he does take his time with his patients, the biggest problem I have faced with him at Albany clinic is he is always late. The last time I went to see him I waited about 2 hours, with my wife and newborn. I'm heading down to the Broadview Health Team for better care.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Indeed Dr. Kevin Yoong has bed side manner that is what is mandated for care. He was top notch in personality aside from talking about his personal issues and ushering a Senior patient into innoculation without knowing full history. I am currently dealing with side effects because of his quick to prescribe.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My long time Physician (22 years) recently retired and closed his practice. I started to see Dr. Yoong a few months ago and find him to be a knowledgeable and caring Physician. He listens to me intently, is very detail oriented and never makes me feel rushed. I highly recommend Dr. Yoong as a Family Physician. They don't get much better!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Dr Yoong is probably the best family physician I have ever had. He is patient, kind, proactive and knowledgeable. I don't mind waiting to see him, because he always takes whatever time I need to talk or explain my issues. My husband and daughter also see him and think he is fantastic. Unfortunately, we are moving away from Toronto and can only hope to find someone as great. The front desk staff at Albany could be more personable or attentive, but the quality of the physician is the most important factor for me when choosing a family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Yoong is amazing. He's patient and speaks in a calm, soothing voice, and he explains everything very thoroughly. He makes you feel comfortable, he's incredibly easy to talk to, and he really listens. And he really seems to know his stuff—he's extremely thorough and rigorous and seems very up-to-date on medical research. Everything he says is measured and considered. Unlike so many doctors, he's never dismissive or arrogant; he's always extremely respectful and makes sure you understand the problem. He lays out the various treatment options for you and doesn't pressure you. You really feel like he's working with you, instead of over your head. One of the best doctors I've been to in ages. I'd highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

I recently became a patient of Dr. Yoong, and am very impressed by his standard of care. I never feel rushed and he takes his time to explain everything fully. He has been very open minded in helping me find a treatment for a fairly rare disorder, taking the time to read information if I bring it, and taking it seriously. he is highly personable, very thorough, and does not have that sense of arrogance that I've found in many other doctors who don't understand my condition and are not willing to learn. Dr. Yoong has been an excellent doctor so far, and I'm very glad that I found him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014