Ratings for Dr. Shankar R. Raman

Dr. Raman was wonderful and did a great job with my husband's partial colectomy for recurrent diverticulitis. He was extremely professional, patient and approachable. I couldn't make the original consultation appointment and he proactively offered to talk with me on the phone to answer any questions I had about my husband's procedure. The day of the surgery, he again, thoroughly explained everything and asked numerous times if we had more questions. He never seems rushed or impatient. After the surgery, he summarized everything in detail foe me and my mother, even drawing pictures to help demonstrate what had occurred. He was very caring during each of the 1-2x daily follow up visits while my husband was hospitalized. And, most importantly, his work was outstanding. Nurses and residents were impressed with the incisions, etc. One new (to me) nurse upon examining me said "Dr. Raman was your surgeon, wasn't he?" When asked how she knew, she said she could tell by the quality. She also said "he's the best". And we agree. Very pleased.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr. Raman was amazing when my fiance was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. He walked us through the diagnosis, helped us make decisions about treatment and even checked in on us multiple times after my fiance was being treated by an oncologist. Dr. R is thoughtful, understanding, and caring. I would, and do, refer anyone who needs GI assistance to him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I was referred to this doctor for surgery and he didn't even talk to me about surgery. He told me to do the same thing and I didn't feel like he listened very well to anything I said. He acted like he didn't believe anything I said and flat out asked me if I was sure if they had done one of my surgeries. I could not believe how disrespectful he was. I would never go back to him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014