Ratings for Dr. Charles Emmrys

Don't people have to sign on those comments? Or you can just put a person down?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This doctor is the worst, he's on some Sort of high horse for no reason. He's insulting, he's ignorant, he put me down and made me feel worse about myself. I would never recommend this man to anyone who is struggling, he is not kind. He wants to intimidate you but fortunately I am Not able To be intimidated but many people are. Save your money and go somewhere else. He is the worst excuse for a doctor and I have no idea how this man is even in this position he is a horrible person. His secretary stinks like cigarettes and is just as unhelpful.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Please do not take your son or daughter to Mr. Emmry. We had an aweful experience. He was insulting, judgemental and unprofessional. My teenager was willing to reach out for help and Mr. Emery left him feeling worse. Insulting comments to my child along with insulting comments about our community as a whole and to our members of our education system were the start of a list of inappropriate things he said. What saddens me the most is that I may never get my child to reach out again in the future. Deeply saddened. Please seek someone different if you are looking for help, especially for a youth!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Great Doctor and although it is his job, I am very thankful he was able to help me the way he did.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

A well-meaning doctor and very interesting person, Dr. Emmrys is all too confident in himself. I would be very wary before being treated by this doctor. We spent several years under his care with our son who had significant behavior problems following a parental split. For all the hours and hours and hours of talking about consistency and effective parenting, anxiety is and always was for our son the primary, overriding issue stopping him from living calmly and happily. Which isn't to say that he never got it right, he did, maybe half the time. What has helped our son (and he has a long way to go): his own self-awareness and anxiety medication. Save your money, this man's ego definitely gets in the way... IMO.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Emmry's is in my opinion extremely top notch. I have been dealing with issues since returning from my second deployment to Afghanistan in 2010. Prior to Dr. Emmry's, I had been to see three other psychologist and counsellors. To be fair and honest to them, I was not fully open with them, specifically with suicide thoughts. I had opened up about other feelings with them however, things just never seemed to fall in place with them. It is completly opposite with Dr. Emmrys. He was able to relate immediatly to what I was and am going through. He has his own personal experience with having done international deployments himself as well as his past work experience in dealing with others going through similiar issues as myself. His personality and approach is great and he makes you feel extremely comfortable in talking and opening up. He certainly knows his stuff and knows it very well. He has expertise in many different areas but if you have issues relating to overseas work and reintergration issues after deployments, I highly recommend anyone to him. He was recommended to me and I am so glad he was.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I was refereed to Dr. Emmery's almost two years ago, he took me on for free because he knew I needed the help...my family was willing to pay, but he refused. He is an excellent doctor and person, I have run into him at volunteering sites in the community, which he strongly believes in. Although he is mostly cheery, positive, and enjoys talking about more than just the "issues," he can be a total hard ass when necessary. It's hard to put into measure who contributes to what successes, but all I know is that I have spent the last six years of my life trying to figure out what is wrong with me and, finally, I am happy to say, I have that answer. I don't know if I would have reached that yet without his help, not only with me, but with my family. He is one hell of a doctor and he knows what he is doing, I trust him and his opinion on my life and on my survival. My journey to recovery is long from over, but with people like Dr. Emmery's helping me, I will make it through.5/5 no question.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013