Ratings for Dr. Charles Emmrys

Excellent psychologist. Great with families and kids. Lots of experience and tools to help any situations.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

We have been seeing Dr Emmrys for almost 2 years now. We started seeing him for our 5 year old’s behavior issues. He has been incredibly helpful and able to understand the problem immediately, compared to a previous psychologist who had us fill out a questionnaire and semi-diagnosed him as oppositional. Dr e was able to see immediately that his behavior was due to being stimulus sensitive and started working with us and our school team (meetings by phone conference) to implement programs that worked for him. He has improved so much over the last year, that we rarely have issues with him any more, and we started working on other family issues such as sibling fighting and our Pre-teen’s middle school stuff. Dr E moved to an office with no staff. He is very often anywhere from 15mins to 45mins late. Generally it’s because of other patients’ issues so I don’t mind that so much as I did at first when our meetings were during the day and we were missing work. I fortunately, he is sometimes hard to get a hold of since he doesn’t have a secretary anymore. I have recommended h to friends who are also happy with his services.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Fantastic therapist. I've been seeing him on and off since 2005 or so. My continued need to see him from time to time is no reflection on his abilities. I'm on spectrum and there is no "cure". I've been to see a lot of therapists over the years, and he is head and shoulders above the rest.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Condescending. Harmful- inappropriate advice given to our child that literally directly exacerbated a crisis. Uneducated in the area of our child's dx so any direction was extremely damaging. Had some sort of personal issue with the fact that we were both very educated in this area and were simply looking for support and counselling. Not sure what his daughter being dropped off in a strange city with no resources had to do with our situation but it was a continuous topic. He was extremely derogatory towards school and told our kid that they did not have to attend. Would never recommend him to anyone. He was on time and his secretary was fine but I cannot give him the stars for this....he was that awful.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Don't people have to sign on those comments? Or you can just put a person down?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This doctor is the worst, he's on some Sort of high horse for no reason. He's insulting, he's ignorant, he put me down and made me feel worse about myself. I would never recommend this man to anyone who is struggling, he is not kind. He wants to intimidate you but fortunately I am Not able To be intimidated but many people are. Save your money and go somewhere else. He is the worst excuse for a doctor and I have no idea how this man is even in this position he is a horrible person. His secretary stinks like cigarettes and is just as unhelpful.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Please do not take your son or daughter to Mr. Emmry. We had an aweful experience. He was insulting, judgemental and unprofessional. My teenager was willing to reach out for help and Mr. Emery left him feeling worse. Insulting comments to my child along with insulting comments about our community as a whole and to our members of our education system were the start of a list of inappropriate things he said. What saddens me the most is that I may never get my child to reach out again in the future. Deeply saddened. Please seek someone different if you are looking for help, especially for a youth!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Great Doctor and although it is his job, I am very thankful he was able to help me the way he did.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

A well-meaning doctor and very interesting person, Dr. Emmrys is all too confident in himself. I would be very wary before being treated by this doctor. We spent several years under his care with our son who had significant behavior problems following a parental split. For all the hours and hours and hours of talking about consistency and effective parenting, anxiety is and always was for our son the primary, overriding issue stopping him from living calmly and happily. Which isn't to say that he never got it right, he did, maybe half the time. What has helped our son (and he has a long way to go): his own self-awareness and anxiety medication. Save your money, this man's ego definitely gets in the way... IMO.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Emmry's is in my opinion extremely top notch. I have been dealing with issues since returning from my second deployment to Afghanistan in 2010. Prior to Dr. Emmry's, I had been to see three other psychologist and counsellors. To be fair and honest to them, I was not fully open with them, specifically with suicide thoughts. I had opened up about other feelings with them however, things just never seemed to fall in place with them. It is completly opposite with Dr. Emmrys. He was able to relate immediatly to what I was and am going through. He has his own personal experience with having done international deployments himself as well as his past work experience in dealing with others going through similiar issues as myself. His personality and approach is great and he makes you feel extremely comfortable in talking and opening up. He certainly knows his stuff and knows it very well. He has expertise in many different areas but if you have issues relating to overseas work and reintergration issues after deployments, I highly recommend anyone to him. He was recommended to me and I am so glad he was.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014