Ratings for Dr. Joel E. Portnoy

I am 68 years old and (needless to say) have visited many doctors over the years. This was the single best experience with a doctor I have ever had - Dr, Portnoy has a friendly disposition, and answered my questions in a way they could be understood. He wanted to get to the bottom of what brought me to him and was never in a hurry. During his thorough examination he found a growth on my vocal cord (that had nothing to do with the reason I came to him) which was addressed. He was never in a hurry to "move the line". He is young, energetic, knowledgeable, and actually seems to like what he does.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I visited Dr. Portnoy with a throat problem. This doctor put me @ ease before examining me. He explained every detail of the exam on he was doing on my throat, before he did it. He is knowledgeable, thorough, current in his method, and sensitive to patients' concern. I do not hesitate to tell friends & family about him. I'm so pleased with him.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

I give my highest recommendation to Dr. Portnoy. I had a vocal polyp on my vocal cord that completely limited my voice. It was not only embarrassing to have no voice, but it started to affect my ability to talk at work. I traveled from Washington D.C. to have Dr. Portnoy perform surgery to remove the polyp since he was so highly recommended from my previous ENT. The surgery went smoothly and I could start talking after a month of voice rehabilitation. It’s been 6 months now, and my voice sounds amazing. He was not only professional throughout the entire process, but he was also comforting throughout the surgery and recovery. Dr. Portnoy is one of the best, and I highly recommend going to him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Portnoy is a Marvelous and Very Wise Doctor..He's very Courteous and Sympathetic; My family are very thankful to be in his care ;he's very knowledgeable ....Since I been seem him for treatment my health have improved by 100% ...Thank You Dr. Portnoy, God Bless You!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

El Dr.Portnoy es MARAVILLOSO. Un verdadero profesional. Nos hace sentir SUPER cómodo. Lo recomiendo 100%. Dr. Portnoy is a true professional. I feel super comfortable at his office.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

They were really great !a good overall experience, helpful and such and friendly

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Dr. Portnoy is incredibly knowledgeable and thorough. He is patient, warm, and puts you at ease immediately. He makes you feel that you are his only patient and never rushes. He answers all questions and holds your hand when you need it. Everyone in the office is sweet and friendly. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

One of the better experiences I've had with a Doctor! Dr. Portnoy was patient, kind and extremely thorough. He explained every detail unlike many doctors. I left feeling assured that the issue I was dealing with for a long time might finally be on the road to recovery. I highly recommend Doctor Portnoy!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I am very impressed by Dr. Portnoy's knowledge and patience. He takes the time to explain everything in detail and answers all your questions.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Excellent doctor, great bedside manner! I called around 8 am and spoke to the answering service, and was told the office had an opening that day. We saw the doctor in a few hours and my 3-yr old daughter didnt have to miss another day of camp! Would greatly recommend​!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Joel E. Portnoy's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 2006)