Dr. Joel E. Portnoy

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joel E. Portnoy

Meeting Dr. Portnoy at my first appointment was a wonderful experience. He is very professional, compassionate, and knowledgeable. While performing a procedure he was very gentle and concerned about my comfort. When discussing my condition he was very clear and open to all of my questions. He is a real nice person which made my visit a pleasant one. I highly recommend Dr. Portnoy for anyone needing ENT services.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr Portnoy is just completely AMAZING!!! Very knowledgeable and helpful!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

D. Portnoy is not only an excellent physician but also a warm and understanding person. I highly recommend him. My throat health has vastly improved with his care and I have total confidence in him. His office is run efficiently and pleasantly.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Dr. Portnoy is an excellent doctor. He removed polyps from vocal cords and my voice sounds great now. He takes his time and makes you feel at ease. I recommend Dr. Portnoy to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Portnoy is an excellent specialist. He takes his time during each office visit and explains clearly all issues or instructions. He really assures you and makes sure you are comfortable. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Dr. Portnoy is an Excellent professional!! He takes time to explain his diagnostic and treat one and each of his patients as a family member.. I feel very fortunate to have find him, he's a very caring, concern, compassionate, knowledgeable medical professional!!! He's never angry or insecure...We need more professionals in the community like Dr. Joel Evan Portnoy!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Portnoy is a great doctor who takes his time with his patients. He thoroughly explains everything step by step when he is examining you.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

found Dr. Portnoy as I was dealing with an anxiety related condition that affected my voice. I had no reference of his care, but when I walked into the office, I immediately felt a warm welcome - from the decor and cleanliness of the office, to the reception with which I was greeted. Upon meeting Dr. Portnoy for the first time, his calm demeanor and melodic voice instantly put me at ease. He sat down with me and talked my condition out with me, and I felt comfortable asking what may seem like the smallest or silliest questions. My husband is now a patient of his, and I make sure to mention him to anyone in need of an ENT with a true bedside manner. Thank you Dr. Portnoy and Staff!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Portnoy literally changed my life!! I had been struggling to speak for 2 years due to misdiagnoses, prescribed medicines that simply didn’t work, and being treated as ‘just a number.’ From the moment I met Dr. Portnoy, he treated me with kindness and professionalism. He gave me a lot of time and explained what was going on and why I wasn’t healing. He assured me we would heal my voice and amazingly within three weeks I was able to start speaking again!! Medicine was not the answer nor was the advice to ‘not talk.’ Gabi, the spectacular in office voice therapist had me practice to use my voice correctly and with care. The acute pain I was in eased away and I resumed my busy life once again with their help. I am forever grateful to them both and cannot say enough good things about Dr. Portnoy and Gabi!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I am 68 years old and (needless to say) have visited many doctors over the years. This was the single best experience with a doctor I have ever had - Dr, Portnoy has a friendly disposition, and answered my questions in a way they could be understood. He wanted to get to the bottom of what brought me to him and was never in a hurry. During his thorough examination he found a growth on my vocal cord (that had nothing to do with the reason I came to him) which was addressed. He was never in a hurry to "move the line". He is young, energetic, knowledgeable, and actually seems to like what he does.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Joel E. Portnoy's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 2006)

Arise Health Plan