Ratings for Dr. Frederick Voon

Sent patient home with diagnosis of constipation. That patient died 2 months later full of cancer. She may have been constipated for good reason that this so called dr. Missed or did not take the time to find out why

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I recently saw this doctor as a result of kidney and abdominal pain. He prescribed an antibiotic called moxifloxicin. He told me I could take advil with this medicine which was incorrect. I had a severe reaction to the antibiotic that resulted in nervous system effects. Not sure why he chose this medication as it isually used as a last resort for chest infections. He had a good bedside manner but I just hope that he would be careful in prescribing this medication in the future.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

I was admitted to the ER in severe pain at a relatively busy hour, but Dr. Voon saw me promptly. He is clearly a knowledgeable and experienced physician, and his bedside manner was great. He obviously had my best interest as his priority, but he didn't come across as "faking it;" he genuinely cared about my well-being. When I returned for a follow up CT scan, he recognized me and went out of his way to check up on me personally. Great fellow, excellent physician. I'm glad he was working when I needed a doc.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

On two separate occasions Dr. Voon has treated my infant/toddler son in the emergency room. Each time, he was kind, knowledeable and thorough. His bedside manner with my two year old and me (a new-ish parent) was fantastic. He listened to my concerns, was gentle with my son when examining him and even went the extra mile of calling to check up on my son the next day. Dr. Voon's high quality care is of great value to the emergency ward.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

I visited emergency department today and had another unpleasent experience with Canadian Health system. This doctor is not very knowledgable, neither experienced and was just trying to get rid of me. He suggested that I use painkillers for my kidney pain. I have a history of kidney stones, although this time they haven't showed up on the ultrasound. (sometimes they are not detected by ultrasound) He also discussed my urinary tract infection in the waiting room with another 15 patients/ family members listening. All in all, he did not help me anything. I wanted to treat the cause not the consequence. I don't really feel like poping pain killers and doing nothing for actual disease.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012