Ratings for Dr. April Holman

I'm writing to correct a review I wrote about a misdiagnosis. Dr. April Holman was working with a referring physician, who was the individual who misdiagnosed me. Unfortunately, I did not know previously that she had actually advocated for me to this referring physician, at the risk of losing future referrals from him. This was exceptionally kind of her and a demonstration of her integrity and character. She did not need to stick her neck out for me, but she did by voicing her concern that perhaps the doctor needed to rethink his diagnosis and treatment plan. I would like to apologize to Dr. Holman for my previous negative review, and to thank her for her care. It took me years to get an accurate diagnosis, and I can say that Dr. Holman clearly has experience and expertise dealing with patients with difficult chronic medical conditions. Unfortunately it's very complicated, and frustrating to live with these conditions (I have a chronic pain syndrome), which is all the more reason to have Dr. Holman by your side as a psychologist

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

She misdiagnosed a chronic medical condition, along with the medical doctor she was working with. She claims "expertise" in helping people manage medical conditions, but was so caught up in her psychobabble that she couldn't connect or accurately see me as a person. Be wary of her claims. She wasted excessive amounts of my time and money, and set back my treatment by nearly a year. You'd think at least she could have taught relaxation or stress-relief activities, or helped me communicate with my doctor. She seemed to just be benefitting from her referral and connection to him. Steer clear of her less-than-professional ethics.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I had to dock Dr. Holman a little for her sporadic tardiness :P Other than that, she is FANTASTIC. She has helped me change my life and I can't imagine where I would be without her.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2012

I have seen Dr Holman for close to six years. She has always been extremely professional and supportive. She has helped me work through issues with my health, my family and my career. Finding a therapist you can trust and can feel comfortable with is not always easy. I consider myself very lucky to have been referred to Dr Holman and have recommended her to several other people.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. April Holman's since 2001. During that time we have tackled many familial, work and divorce-related issues. She has helped me learn and develop the skills necessary to take life's challenges a day at a time. She has taught me how to look objectively at myself to see where I need to be held accountable for events that have taken place. Dr. Holman's professional style is not for the faint of heart, she will challenge you and the assumptions you have about yourself. Sometimes challenging the status quo isn't easy to accept but her methodology and genuine care that she has shown me over the years has been instrumental in helping me cope through some very difficult times and understand myself and others more clearly.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Holman helped me get rid of daily headaches that were due to anxiety, deal with distress over the dentist, and make it through a rough time during my brother's illness and death. I think she is very good at her job and recommend her if you want to make progress and see results from your therapy.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Dr. April Holman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• Daniel Laskin Award for Best Article of the Year. American Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1995