Ratings for Eli M. Forman

I had a similar experience to the other one listed here. Fees weren't explained well at all and when I questioned him about it, he become similarly hostile. I was young when I went, so I didn't know much about the insurance and everything, but he was not understanding at all. I felt trapped because he kept pushing that I would have to pay such an outrageous amount of money without really explaining it or offering an alternative. His appointments take place in this barely lit room with piles of stuff everywhere. I found him very unprofessional, arrogant in his treatment approach, and very pushy. People are coming here for serious problems and I think at least a modicum of compassion and understanding is needed. From my one visit here, very little of that existed. Worst of all, when I said that I'd like to think about whether or not I was going to make a follow up appointment, he kept pushing me to make one despite how uncomfortable I was. A good therapist knows that there needs to be a connection and an amount of trust between him / her self and the patient and that not every patient / therapist will be a match. He/she would NEVER borderline force or guilt you into making a follow up appointment after your first visit, especially knowing the problems people are coming for. Despite his qualifications and training, this was the worst experience I've ever had with not just a therapist, but health practitioner overall.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

I went to him only once and he charged my insurance company $800 dollars!!! Which of course they only paid $ 196. But he also charged me $250. He does not explain his fees in advance and when I questioned him he became hostile.He is definitely in it for the money only and I would not recommend him to anyone. On top of all that he is not very knowledgable, despite all his training. He has an arrogant attitude and I found him to be obnoxious,bordering on unethical.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Guy is a bit wierd. Meets in his basement. Piles of stuff everywhere. He does most of the talking.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012