Ratings for Dr. Karen R. Hill

I have been seeing Dr. Karen Hill for a couple of years, and I have never appreciated a physician more. She always took her time with any questions I had and always explained what I could expect from any new meds or procedures. She referred me to two other physicians who are excellent in their fields, as well. I am feeling sad that Dr. Hill has now closed her office (June 7, 2014). She will be missed by many of us.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

We saw Dr. Hill first as new patients. I am an RN, and several nurses from the hospital recommended her, so we thought we'd go to her. We've been most satisfied because of her knowledge, how personable she is, and the amount of time she spends . The test really came when it wasn't a "normal" visit; she passed with flying colors. She ordered all the right tests, and referred us to an excellent neurologist. She stays within her expertise. We wanted her to order some medication, but she said no, we'd have to see a urologist and he would order it. So, again we are most satisfied having Dr. Hill as our PCP: she's smart, knows what is within her realm, and knows what is not, and makes good referrals. She also recommended a certain food supplement, rather than prescribing a drug, which I like a lot. She also personally returns my phone calls which is a huge plus. We will continue to see Dr. Hill for our care.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Karen Hill, MD is the best PCP I've ever had. Takes her time with me and explains everything in great detail.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Dr. Hill listens and is not rushed in her conversation with you - very refreshing. You can tell she loves what she does, and I personally will be returning and will recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Actually I like a doctor that talks to me. I was very satifisfied with my visit. I was treated like a real human. I am very healthy though and so I had no need for any extensive tests etc. I was just changing doctors from Austin to GT. I guess I will see how she does as time goes on,but then I am proactive in my own health and rarely have need to go to the doctor all the time.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I was very disappointed in her. I had heard such good things from alot a professionals. My first visit was nothing but talk. How I should be able to heal myself. I'm getting my records as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Please, please, please do not waste your time with this physician. This was 100% hands down the most useless experience at a doctor's office I have ever had. It blew my mind. A few comments: (1) I went in for a new patient physical and the only exam that Dr. Hill did was to listen to my heart and lungs. I walk away having no confidence about the status of my health and will likely visit another doctor for a more thorough exam. (2) Dr. Hill spent the majority of my appointment telling me about the greatness of the Mayo Clinic website, and how I should utilize it to learn about all kinds of things. I am fine with doing web research, but the reason I go to a doctor is to learn from them. (3) For the one problem, I did report...Dr. Hill harped on common sense treatments I could learn on the Internet (that I had already tried). Very discouraging...since they didn't work. (4) And worst of all: she blew her nose and then did not wash her hands before examining me. What the heck???

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Karen R. Hill's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Wellpoint