Ratings for Dr. Barbara Denysiak

I have almost always had a positive experience in my visits over the past 6 years. There was one receptionist who had a bit of an attitude, but that was one time, and to be honest, I haven't seen her in the past year. Dr. Denysiak is always pleasant and takes the times to answer my questions. I feel completely comfortable with her and would recommend her to anyone looking for a PCP. Even the doctor who sees patients when Dr. Denysiak isn't available is very kind.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Stay far, far away!!! There is something seriously wrong in this office- it is not properly managed, the receptionist is miserable and takes it out on patients with a snotty and totally unhelpful attitude, the rooms and office are shabby and dirty looking, and the doctor is so-so. There is not a high level of care in the operations of this practice. After only two visits, I have lost all trust in the judgment and abilities of this Doctor to provide a positive healthcare experience. Find a better practice for your own safety. Don't trust the positive reviews here either. There were multiple positive reviews posted to her Yelp page on the same day. I'm changing primary care physicians and filing a grievance with my insurance company.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Her front receptionist is extremely rude and unprofessional and after I complained about her rude behaviour, she then began hanging up on me every time I called in! I was hung up on 10 times in 4 calls to their office so I won't get thru to the Dr to complain! I finally got a letter in to the Dr and then got a hold of her Office Assistant and made an appointment so I could tell the Dr about the issue in person. The Dr defended her rude receptionist & told me that I was the problem (??) when it was obvious that I would have nothing to gain by causing trouble...and in fact, it was her receptionist who had to lie to protect her job. She wouldn't even listen to how rudely I was treated, nor use common sense in realizing the patient comes first. In my opinion, Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit from this Dr and her rude staff.....

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

When I moved to San Diego and went to update my Tricare info I had to pick a new Dr off a list. If it wasnt for the fact I had to randomly pick a doctor off a piece of paper, I would have never gone to her. The first time I went I made an appointment. When I got there I waited for close to an hour but there was no one in the waiting room and when "she" finally saw me tere was no one in back. And it was 10am no where near lunch time. Then I found out that "she" wasnt Denysiak, Denysiak was on vacation. Couldnt someone have told me that when I made the appointment, or signed in even. But I let it go....My second appointment SAME THING....Ive been to her office three times now...and I have yet to meet her...I have yet to meet "My Doctor". Im looking into a new primary!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Why I did not check the reviews before I went to her? Had to experience EVERYTHING people complained about. She argues with you, ignores your simptoms, says you know nothing about medicine, prescribes Prozac from bludder infection. Only because she did not want to give me a referral to a specialist I had a chance to negotiate option of having my tests done. Surprise! Few days later her staff called to confirm infection, which by the way she already "treated" but it did not go away. I came to her office with three (3) health complaints. Her nurse wrote down only two, saying I will tell the doctor about the third one myself. When "doctor" came in, in five minutes she went over two and without saying "good buy" left the room. I was patiently waiting. Few minutes later the nurse came in showing me to the door. I asked ...about the third issue and she informed me that the doctor is busy with other patients and I will have to make another appointment. Greedy awful doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

This Dr. was very unhelpful. I went to see her for referals and they were done incorrectly. I had to call her back a few times to have her fix them. She also ordered a back brace for me, when I went to pick it up at the orthopedics place, they told me they had never seen a young person wearing one of these types of back braces' and they charged me 60 dollars for something I can't use because I was told by my physical therapist it would only make my problem worse. She is by far the worse doctor I have ever consulted. Run fast and far, do not look back!!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

The WORST doctor on record. BUT I am forced to use this doctor as my primary care physician b/c she is the only doctor that links up with my HIV doctors. The last time I called for a referral to see my HIV doctor she told me I needed to visit her first. NOT!! Why? SO SHE CAN BE PAID. This is the worst office and the worst doctor ever. I have had multiple issues with her since being forced to use her for the past 3 years. I now PAY EXTRA to bypass her and go directly to my HIV doctors without having to deal with her at all. With all the negative ratings she should really be brought to the AMA and reevaluated.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

The worst doctor.... after a routine pab smear... bleed alot and had pain and cramps for days after..the worst of it was they then lost the results and I was forced to repeat the process.. The next time I went to a REAL doctor .Do not go the Dr. Denysiak unless you like to punish yourself.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I can't believe the negative comments I have read on this site! My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Denysiak for over 20 years. We find her extremely caring, attentive, knowledgeable, and she gives us plenty of time when we visit her. She has seen us through a variety of health challenges through the years, and we appreciate her greatly. Just my opinion of course, but I don't think new patients should expect the benefits of a long-term Dr./Patient relationship on the first visit. It takes time to establish this kind of trust...on the part of both the patient and the doctor. I have recommended Dr. Denysiak to several friends looking for a new PCP. Some have found her helpful, some not. For our part, we consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have found her and wouldn't consider visiting another Dr. as long as she is in practice!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

Not helpful at all. I visited this doctor shortly after moving to the area. I had a chest cold and needed a referral to an obgyn. After waiting for over 45 minutes, the nurse brought me back to the exam room where I waited 10 more minutes for the doctor. She walked in, quickly shook my hand, I told her why I was there, she had me breathe in and out while listening to my chest, then claimed I had bronchitis. I told her about a sharp pain under my breast that I have been concerned about for over a year now. All she said was is is "stress related" and to give it time and have it checked out if it is worse. It has been over a month and the pills never worked for my cold, I am now getting a sore throat, and I will never go back to that doctor again. I felt rushed, and like I was an inconvienience to the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

Dr. Barbara Denysiak's Credentials

• Pomorska Academy Of Med, Szczecin, Poland (Grad. 1984)