Ratings for Dr. Craig M. Matherne

Dr. Matherne is a very kind & caring doctor. He goes the extra mile to help his patients, is thorough, easy to talk to, and is a very concerned doctor. I would 100% recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr Matherne has helped me so much with health problems that i have had for many years in the past. Problems with my stomach and digestive system that i have had since i was 14 years old. Now i am 47. Since i have been seeing him for the past 3 years, i dont have those problems anymore. He is a very kind man, easy to talk to. Also have had problems with anxiety and depression. Now i am able to deal with these problems through finding the right medications for me and i am so much happier in my life. He has always taken the time to listen to my health problems and concerns. Always told me that if i felt a medication wasnt working to call office to get me an appt sooner than my scheduled follow up appt so he could try another medication that may work better for me. My mother and father also see him as their physician and they have been pleased with his care. I read the other comments people have made and ive never had this experience with dr matherne or staff there. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I was released from his Care due to his Nurse Saying She gave me A prescription And I never Recived it The Office Manager says she works With The Doctor Everyday Well that's Been Awhile ago no Prescription Ever turned into any Pharmacy. I told the truth and In This are Most Doctors Are affiliated With this Dotors group So Once Released Can not go To any other Group Affiliated With Johnson City Internal medicine The staff her are something Else

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Went to new patient visit. Scheduled 3 weeks in advance. After scheduling time off from work. Only to have Dr.Matherne send in the nurse to tell me that, he had reviewed my chart and was not going to accept me as a patient. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. BEING OFF FROM WORK FOR THIS APPOINTMENT COST ME AT LEAST 500 DOLLARS. My rating for this doctor lol would be a 0.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Not professional looking, very disheveled, and his staff leaves a lot to be desired.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

I don't know how dr matherne practices cause I never got to see him. Tried to establish myself as a new patient but had to reschedule appointment due to emergencies at work, which I called 48 hrs or more to tell them. His secretary told me to find another doctor. Unfriendly staff and I guess he doesn't care much for people who have schedules that change frequently even though his schedule flexibility rating is 5. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Very friendly and seems to care but his staff is not..After my blood work His asst called me to tell me everything was fine , I had questions to that and it took me 4 months for her to mail me my results. I was also suppose to have gotten a flu shot outside in the waiting room which i did not receive so I left,,also when he ordered my labs his asst came out to check me out without even drawing blood because she overlooked it on my chart. Sloppy help , enough to find another DR because you have to "Fix" their mistakes!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Trys to push medicine he wants you on even if you tell him no.had blood work done and never went over it,spent less than 10 minutes with me combined in two visits.staff wasnt friendly nor unfriendly just seemed indifferent.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Matherne is very friendly, polite, aims to be helpful to patients needs. Works well with me. I would recommend Dr. Matherne.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

He has been right on top of things ever since i started going to him. Always very friendly. I would absolutely recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Craig M. Matherne's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners