Ratings for Dr. Anusha Kathiravelu

Kind, compassionate and caring. I have had a few family doctors and unfortunately when I finally found the perfect one - she moves! Wish her all the best.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Misinformed and negligent doctor who is quick to make assumptions without questioning. Overprescribes dangerous and unnecessary medications without knowledge of their side effects. Caused a great deal of harm to me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Lucky to have such a great doctor take over for Dr. Chew. She goes out of her way to follow up with patients and she takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

she is the best doctor I ever had my husband and I we missed her since she moved to piterborough

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Great doctor who cares for her patients and takes time with them.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

She admitted to several oversights and mistakes in my case. For many years, she continued to prescribe 2 medications that were doing a great deal of damage to me. She kept me on one of these medications for over 3 years while ignoring the fact that it is a short-term fix that is to be used for no longer than 9 weeks. What is more disturbing is the fact that she didn't hesitate when I asked that she increase the dosage as the drug started causing the very same symptoms, with much greater severity, that it was initially prescribed to alleviate. I would think a doctor would be much more careful when prescribing a narcotic. She has a long way to go to achieve the kind of concern for her patients and knowledge of drugs and their effects that her predecessor, Dr. Chew, had.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr Kathrivelu cares about her patients. I still need to see the extent of her caring since her predecessor, Dr Chew called me personally if it warrants it. I think she is the same. As for the clinic's staff (receptionists/secretaries), they need more training in customer service. They should always exhibit patience and not to show their frustrations for long winded patients. For heaven's sake, they are dealing with sick people, the lease they could show is some sympathy not their frustrations or annoyance.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

very warm, friendly and very punctual-so rare with doctors today

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr. Kathrivelu is the best doctor I have had. My son and I both go to her and I have been so impressed at how knowledgeable and thorough she is. She takes my concerns seriously and always does the necessary testing or referrals to get to the bottom of my ailments. I am very thankful that I was able to become her patient.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I have seen Dr. Kathiravelu on two occasions. She is usually fairly prompt (e.g. if you have an appointment, wait time can be as little as 15 min, which is great, considering many doctors are always way more behind schedule). She is business-like, and gets to the point fast. I would not say she is particularly warm or friendly, so she does not elicit comfort, but she is efficient and will give you the prescription you need (do your research before hand so you can suggest what might work best for you) and briefly answers your questions if you have them ready (and specific) before she wraps up the appointment. Hence, she will not entertain many follow-up questions that come to mind in the conversation, because she is focused on seeing all patients. The older, long-term staff are decent, minus the one or two younger receptionists who are pushy and very short with people. Overall, decent experiences with nothing above and beyond, but at least on par with what basic services and politeness you would hope to get from a doctor.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015