Ratings for Dr. James Rankin

I have been a patient of Dr Rankin for the past 3 years. When dealing with my rheumatoid, he has been informative and thorough. On this last visit, he presented very little information about my rheumatoid which is in remission, but fixated on my recent blood work instead. He presented a bleak picture and exaggerated the severity of my blood work results. When I asked him to clarify what he was suggesting, he belittled me personally as well as my profession. This visit caused me a great deal of anxiety. It was only after contacting my family doctor that I received clarification and reassurance that my prognosis was not anywhere near as bleak as Dr Rankin had presented.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I found he was very nice and somewhat easy to deal with, but I didn't like the fact he told me my original diagnoses of Lupus SLE was wrong was wrong , that I in fact have fibromyalgia told me I have osteoarthritis. he had sent letters to my other doctors about what he recommends and sent me on my way. it has left my doctors confused as to why he didn't keep me as a patient or refer me to another Rheumatologist for better pain management, it's very frustrating.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Rankin for over 3 years now. I find him to be helpful and quite concerned about my ongoing health as it relates to arthritis. Although he is a Nurse Practitioner he is just as knowledgeable as any doctor that I have used. His staff are always courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I have found Dr. Rankin to be very knowledgeable who has helped me cope with my condition. He is very thorough in his examinations and provides advice that works. I feel that he is concerned about my situation beyond what I would expect from a Doctor. Jim is a PHD.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Rankin is a nurse clinician, not an MD. I found that he took little interest in me as a human being and did not fully explain the rationale behind recommending certain medications, nor was I satisfied that he explained the risks or potential side effects. He seemed to resent my questions or become defensive, and made a sarcastic comment about nutritional and other natural approaches to supportive care that I am interested in response to a real concern that I had asked about. I don't feel that I can entrust my care to him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015