Ratings for Dr. James Rankin

I have been seeing Dr. Rankin for over 3 years now. I find him to be helpful and quite concerned about my ongoing health as it relates to arthritis. Although he is a Nurse Practitioner he is just as knowledgeable as any doctor that I have used. His staff are always courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I have found Dr. Rankin to be very knowledgeable who has helped me cope with my condition. He is very thorough in his examinations and provides advice that works. I feel that he is concerned about my situation beyond what I would expect from a Doctor. Jim is a PHD.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Rankin is a nurse clinician, not an MD. I found that he took little interest in me as a human being and did not fully explain the rationale behind recommending certain medications, nor was I satisfied that he explained the risks or potential side effects. He seemed to resent my questions or become defensive, and made a sarcastic comment about nutritional and other natural approaches to supportive care that I am interested in response to a real concern that I had asked about. I don't feel that I can entrust my care to him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015