Ratings for Dr. Mark Leith

Where did this guy learn to be a doctor???? A total jerk. Comes across pleasant at first but has no interest in helping you out through issues unless he sees big $$$ for himself. Kept asking questions about financial situation of me and my family members. His demeanor says "I'm not that interested" until he talks about himself and then he lights up. Oh yah, he will tell you over and over and over again about his cancellation policy. And he called 4 times in one day to reconfirm an appointment that was still weeks away. Avoid this man at all costs. Your mental health should be in better hands.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr Leith was my first phsyciatrist experience. As a young woman living on her own in Toronto I struggle with my finances to begin with and as many other patients seeking support I suffer from dibilitating anxiety and depression. I was set up with Dr. Leith because he is one of the few phsyciatrist covered by OHIP. Although he did make me sign a waver agreeing to pay a fee upon any cancellations unfer 72 hrs/missed visits. I have recently received a phone call from collections because of a missed appointment that was supposed to be the start to weekly appointments with him as I had been waiting months for a regular spot with him. Doctor Leith has billed me 160 dollars for a 45 minute missed appointment due to me becoming lost on the way... With the knowledge of his strict cancellation policy I actually experience a panic attack ON MY WAY to the appointment and ended up missing the entire 45 minute visit. Mark had phoned my mother multiple times instead of my number to see where I was which was ABSOLUTELY NOT the appropriate method of contact as I had frequently reminded him (This has happened almost every single time we have had a visit). Not only did I stop seeing doctor Leith emmediatly after this incedent but I haven't had the confidence to peruse another doctor since because of how negative my experience was with him. Doctor Leith has sent me two bills in the mail and he has made multiple phone calls threatening to take me to collections because I have not paid his fee promptly. Yet when I needed a doctors note for my boss to explain a weekly appointment that I needed time off for he was only willing to have me come pick up this letter from his office at his convenience. I hope that others can speak up about their incidents with this doctor as I can see I'm not the only one who wasted alot of their time and money on this man. It is clear that his intentions are not to heal but only to make his money. I believe there are better methods and definitely better doctors out there who are more deserving of these kinds of positions. We need doctors encouraging people to seek out help. Not chasing us to collections over some money that they probably just wrote off as a visit anyways.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Talks more about himself than focusing on facilitating my progress

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Rarely was given any more than 40 minutes and much of that time was spent discussing him. Made me sign a contract about missing appointments. Was delayed due to an accident on the highway and have been charged with a missed appointment that has now gone to collections. Obviously more concerned about the money than his patients. No one can control accidents or illness. Deplorable behaviour from a Doctor of Psychology to put money above a patient.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

First few sessions were excellent. Helpful and interested. Then I had to miss a session. His policy is two business days notice. Since my scheduled appt was on Tuesday, I was charged for the session if I didn't cancel by the Thursday before. Who knows they'll be sick that far ahead. The sessions became notices of money owing. I was eventually hospitalized for a cardiac issue and in ICU for a few weeks. I eventually was sent a bill with a threat of collection. Not the type of understanding or relationship required with a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Dr. Leith is not sensitive. He is not a good listener. He jumps to the wrong conclusions without insight or knowledge. Dr. Leith asks questions which are not relevant. He shows a great deal of impatience during the sessions. I would not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I also saw Dr.Leith for many years. He did help me understand a lot of things about myself, helped me think for myself and solve issues. I also have a eating disorder and found no real help in that area with him. I reached a point where I wasn't moving ahead anymore..stuck so to speak, so I stopped going. Everything was out on the table and I was left feeling like, now what? I really liked his approach, but I seemed to have hit the end of the road with him.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

always helpful and usually able to come up with a different perspective on how to view an issue. wins your trust, and then goes for the problem... i, for one, was very glad to have found this doctor. (no staff, he does all the phoning )

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

I saw Dr. Leith over a number of years to deal with an eating disorder. He was not really able to help and after seeing my weight increase he wanted to prescribe drugs which was really not a direction I wanted to go in and I felt he had given up on mr. He may be good dealing with other issues but in terms of eating disorders - not so much. I rated staff 5, but he does not have any but since this is a compulsory rating I was forced to enter it. I rated the knowledge as three because his approach to eating disorders seemed to be similar to how he would approach any disorder (i.e. looking for a significant event(s) in your past to understand subconscious behaviour. However, I have since been to other therapists with a specialization in eating disorders and have seen that he missed the mark somewhat in terms of providing specific expertise in this area.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013